skip to Main Content

Home Forums Conversation, Chatter, Discussion Welcome to the new forum!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Parisi April 11, 2019 at 7:27 am.

• Author
    Administrator

wadurbin
    • 11 Total Posts

We will be transitioning over to this forum soon and retiring the old one. I expect that will be traumatic for some, so allow me to explain why we are doing it.

– The new forum (this forum) is part of the WordPress environment that everything else is on. So it will look and act like the rest of the E-Ponies site.
    – One less set of credentials to remember!
    – Encourages people to register so they can comment on the forum!
    – One less software license to manage. Yes, that saves me a little bit of money but it is not very expensive. It is really more about the convenience.

So please post here regularly. Get to know one another! Talk it up.

Liam

3+
    Participant

Duetowin1
    • 19 Total Posts
    Yearling

Hope all of us old timers can figure this out. Good Luck to all. P.S. Someone give me a winner for 2/13. (And not AFTER the race. LOL.)

Duetowin1

2+
    Administrator
    Topic Author

wadurbin
    • 11 Total Posts

You seem to have mastered it just fine Greg! Thanks for giving it a whirl.

I’d offer a pick for 2/13 but have not looked at any races for that day yet. I don’t want to tell you wrong.

2+
    Administrator

Michael Parisi
    • 73 Total Posts

Ok, got the smiles all working… :bye: :good: :negative: :scratch: :wacko: :yahoo: B-) :heart: :rose: :-) :whistle: :yes: :cry: :mail: :-( :unsure: ;-)

2+
    Administrator

Michael Parisi
    • 73 Total Posts

We got a credit system now. It should start showing up as well. Should add a bit more depth to things.

3+
    Participant

kdmfox
    • 5 Total Posts

Ya know what goes right up my spine?

Yes, real names. Somehow after being online, ids I can relate to, names I can’t. Wherever and whenever I do contests, the last thing I want to do is type out someone’s real name.

* <—— My attachment when I know how. Maybe a copy and paste? :wacko:

2+
      Administrator

Michael Parisi
      • 73 Total Posts

Hey Fox, You can link to files on other services. If it is requested, we can add attachments.

I suspect we will find a media gallery might be a higher priority. Let me know if you all want these things. We can definitely make additions to the feature list.

1+
      Administrator

Michael Parisi
      • 73 Total Posts

Hey Fox, we got a few more features ready.  Still working on attachments.  I found something to do it, but it is not working well.

Administrator

Michael Parisi
      • 73 Total Posts

Hey kdmfox, Ive enhanced the site with attachments.  Sorry for the delay.

Participant

turf
    • 21 Total Posts

here, now what that I am traumatized ;-)

2+
    Participant

Tiger Rose
    • 5 Total Posts

well going to see what’s happening around here now

good luck with the new one liam

2+
    Participant

Ted Majestic
    • 1 Total Posts
    Weanling

Looking forward to the new forum.

1+
    Participant

nijinsky
    • 2 Total Posts

Back on board!
    Hoping things take off again on this site – that would be great.

1+
    Participant

roamin
    • 96 Total Posts
    Yearling

I’d like to say hello to my old pal, Tiger Rose. Hope all is well. I’ll be here from time to time. Take care.

1+
    Administrator

Michael Parisi
    • 73 Total Posts

Glad to see all the new Avatars! The forums are coming along.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————–
    Hey People. I figure I’d hide this here. We can call it a little tip for reading this post.

Check out this URL…
    https://e-ponies.com/racing-picks/picks/?trackCode=LRL&sdate=2019-02-18&type=2

But what?!? Is that past races? Hmmm… Thats cool!

We don’t have an interface for this yet, and its not a feature we can support. Yet.

But for those Hackers out there…
    In the URL you will see two dates mentioned. sdate and edate. This is Start and End date! And the Track Code will select the track! You can find all the codes in the URL’s of the Picks and Track pages! So enjoy!

Oh, we will be adding a bit of a calendar widget to this so that it wont require editing the URL. But I figured I share the secrete that this is available!

This should be all of the Hawthorne races we have. Our list grows!
    https://e-ponies.com/racing-picks/picks/?trackCode=HAW&sdate=2017-03-08&type=1

I believe only Weekly Subscribers or Higher will get full access to past tracks.

:yahoo: Anyways Have Fun! :yahoo:

Please keep in mind we may want to clear our races when we add the upcoming race results. Will be REALLY cool when you can see who won!

1+
    Administrator

Michael Parisi
    • 73 Total Posts

New Editor is Up!

Administrator

Michael Parisi
    • 73 Total Posts

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Heading 4

Heading 5
    Heading 6
    Preformatted

Bold  Italic

1+
    Administrator

Michael Parisi
    • 73 Total Posts

Hey All,

If anyone is having any issue, please contact me at mgparisicpu <@> gmail.com and I will take care of the problem.  Liam maybe slower to respond in the coming week.  So please, do not hesitate to contact me with any issues.

I’ve been putting the final touches on the results capture.  We will also be adding track specific news to the track pages.  Next, I’ll be working on the calendar interface to give a nice interface to the above functionality.  We hope you enjoy these new features, and as always, please report any bugs you find.  I also want to start working on attachments.

Thanks,
    Michael

2+
    Participant

turf
    • 21 Total Posts

the up button on bottom right corner does not work for me but maybe its just my pc ,ie11 and edge not working. it only moves a tiny bit. oh this is not caused by trump lol

Administrator

Michael Parisi
      • 73 Total Posts

I was thinking, it must be TRUMP, he is such a JERK!  Why, oh why would he disable our arrow!  What a mean guy…

Then you posted this and I thought… Ya’know… It might not be Trump!

So I thought… It must be that captcha terms of service that suddenly popped up.  I traced it down to the contact us form, and I removed it.

But it STILL doesn’t work.  So are you sure its not Trump?

I will look into it further and see if we can find a solution.

Administrator

Michael Parisi
      • 73 Total Posts

Dang it! For the first time EVER, It WASN’T Trump!

Its fixed.

Participant

turf
    • 21 Total Posts

ty ,works great  ,I know fn+home works but I use a mouse 99% of time , now one click ty again

Participant

yankeelpn
    • 1 Total Posts

What happened to the App “OneClickPony”?? I used to love this App to pick horses for me and noticed it doesnt work anymore, what happened?? I paid $10 for this App a few years ago.

Administrator

Michael Parisi
      • 73 Total Posts

Hello Yankeelpn,

We had retired the App and am bringing the same features to the site.  There are plans to bring a dedicated app to the various stores.  We do have an alternative that you can find in the settings of the browser.  It should say “Install E-Ponies’ or “Install Desktop Icon” dependent on the browser.   This will make the site behave just like the App providing offline access of any pages you had visited and it will speed things up.  We also have a splash screen and Icon on the site. I encourage you to goto your browser settings while on the page.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.