skip to Main Content

Home Forums Horse Racing Handicapping SPOT PLAY METHOD

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      jeff vanleuvan
      • 3 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPOT PLAY METHOD USING THE SHEETS THANKS IN ADVANCE JEFF

Participant
      Wm pietschman
      • 11 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Yup….select the top trainers / owners angle…and top jocks that moved onto a better owner / trainer after they have rode other horses in that particular race…

Administrator
        Michael Parisi
        • 74 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

I really appreciate your response.  The E-Ponies algorithm does account for this in the Conn number.  It has minimum impact though as we tend to favor the horses history over the Jockey or Trainers.  It will be interesting and I will want to analyse this correlation closer.

BTW, The Tip Tweets horses are ones that are suspected to be undervalued by the Morning Line.  These horses show histories that do not match the position the ML expect.  We will be focusing on finding more undervalued horses as we move forward with the live odds we will be importing in the future.

I’m learning all I can and am always looking for more advice.  So thank you for sharing.

Participant
      YO-YO
      • 16 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Are you employed by Liam ? I don’t know much about this site, except to say, it will only allow 4 horses to be scratched in a race. Other than that it seems very nice.

Administrator
        Michael Parisi
        • 74 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

Hello!

Yes, I’m Liam’s software man.  I been lucky enough to work with the expert that Liam is for horse racing.  It’s been an amazing experience that has turned into a friendship.  I coded, configured, and maintain this site.  We are not a rich company but we are working hard to provide a really serous contender in the information market for horse racing.  Our goal is to provide a complete environment to help our customers gain the edge in this amazing hobby.

The limit on the 4 horse scratches is intentionally set and in no way a bug.  We want to make sure that you all can see what our algorithms will do when we exclude horses.

I’m currently expanding the site to include a bunch of new features and are in the final testing.  We will be continuously releasing more improvements as we move forward and am looking to make the site the first place you goto when at the track.  Let us know if you have any ideas to make this happen.

I provide high quality development that does not suffer from the issues of the old systems that were in place.  We are integrating the entire site and making it grow.  I got a long todo list, and this increased focus on quality takes a bit longer to release features but provides the security, speed, and robustness you all demand.  We work in a mobile first attitude and are always working to improve the site for all our users regardless of interface.

If you like this, and want offline access.  Please go in the browser settings and install our Icon to the desktop.  This will give you offline access to any track you visit while online.  Great for at the track when internet might not be available.

Thanks for the kind words about the site.  We are working hard to make it perfect.

Participant
      YO-YO
      • 16 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Thanks for your response.   While, I’ve been a fan of E ponies since it was named Digital Chalk line and give nothing but high praise to Liam… He has done what I have asked and know lots of players deeply appreciate it.. I asked for an odds line—DONE!

I asked for a scratch feature—DONE!

But honestly can see no point in the 4 horse limit !!!!

I’m beyond an old timer….no smart phone, etc.

In all honesty, this website for horse racing, has no equal to my knowledge as of today.

Thanks again.

Administrator
        Michael Parisi
        • 74 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

Thank you for the kind words. The decision was made to protect the intellectual property of the site.  I had personally suggested putting it at 2.  Thank Liam for setting it at 4.

Participant
      martinzl
      • 3 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

I would like to be able to do multiple scratches rather than one scratch at a time for a given race. Is this possible? Am I missing something? Also, it would be nice if the scratches remained saved after logging out.

Administrator
        Michael Parisi
        • 74 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

You can not do multiple scratches without pressing the horses name and then, after the reload, pressing another.  The sort feature is the start of another set of features coming in the future.  I do expect the save button will include scratches in the future.  I also hope to be adding a way to share these saved with the forum users. We will probably obscure the sharing order of the paid tracks to non-paying members so that people do not use it to provide the EP order to non-subscribers.

We could rewrite it so that only the race that scratches gets reloaded.  But to save time and move onto more, we did it as is to save time.  In the future we can improve this if the demand is real.  I wanted the swipe right and swipe left of the old E-Ponies app to work as well, but right now we just use the links.

Participant
      feridun toprak
      • 8 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

i need saratoga saturday analysis can you send it for free or can i get it for free

Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

I am only testing this out as a new spot play. I go through the E-Ponies tracks and look for those races where the Morning Line (ML) favorite is located in the 3rd position or more. I find that in this scenario that the favorite probably won’t win. NOTE: Favorites only win on average 35% of the time. This usually means that one of the other horses will come in at inflated/overlay odds.

AGAIN, let me stress that I am only testing this theory out! Yesterday (12/22/21) at PRX race 10 the #2

won and paid $32.20 and an exacta $199.20

12/23/21 Races that meet this condition

GP 2-6-10

TAM 5

TP 7-8

Participant
        LongshotWhisperer
        • 105 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

GP 2-6-10 race 2 Fav showed #4 won $9.00 x $16.10 6.5f dirt F&M

race 6 Fav won $3.60 x $8.40 6.0f dirt F

race 10 Fav  5th #8 won $12.20 x $22.70 8.5f dirt F

TAM 5 race 5 Fav showed #5 won $48.20 x 143.80 8f turf F

TP 7-8 race 7 Fav won $7.80 x $14.10 8f turf

race 8 Fav won $3.60 x 8.60 6f dirt

So normally, I find more longshots in races of 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 and 8 furlongs. Even more when run on TURF and limited to Filly and Mares. I also look at the fractions from 4 furlongs to 6 furlongs and like to see the horse improve in lengths on the front end and/or back end. :yahoo:

Participant
        LongshotWhisperer
        • 105 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

CORRECTION Values for TP 7-8 were taken from TAM

TP 7-8 race 7 Fav 4th #9 won $19 x 84.90 8f dirt F/M

race 8 Fav showed #4 won $44.80 x $151.00 8f dirt F/M

:mail:

Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

12/24/21

GP

race 2 8f dirt F Fav 5 #2 won $17.40 x 38.10

race 4 8f dirt Fav won $7.20

race 5 8.5 dirt Fav won $8.40

race 7 6 dirt

TAM

race 5 8f turf Fav 5 #4 won $20.80 x $55.30

race 8 8f dirt

Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

12/24/21

GP

race 2   8f dirt Fav 5th  #2 won $17.40 x 38.10

race 4   8f dirt Fav won $7.20

race 5   8.5 dirt Fav won $8.40

race 7    6 dirt Fav won  $3.40

TAM

race 5     8f turf Fav 5th  #4 won $20.80 x $55.30

race 8     8f dirt  Fav placed #7 won $16.40 x 24.40

Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

So this race was Betmix’s free race of the day GP 9 03/24/22. When I looked at the E-Ponies representation of the race I was surprised to see that most of the top picks in the categories were for longshots with the exception of the favorite who was only listed because he had the best E-P representation for E-P Line. Here is the list as seen. I will respond back after the race has been run for evaluation purposes.

The following list is in the best to last positions in the E-Ponies Chart Ranking

#7 favorite E-P Line 6/5

#5 Class 12/1

#12 Form 8/1

#4 Speed 20/1

#11 Last 30/1

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Results:

#7 $8.40 $4.00 $3.20 #2 $2.60 $2.40 #6 $ 5.00

<p align=”LEFT”>#6 went off at 16/1</p>
      <p align=”LEFT”>

</p>
      <p align=”LEFT”>So maybe when top pick in all categories are 8/1 or greater the BEST BET is the FAVORATE to take it all! Show price wasn’t bad either! :good:</p>

Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

I have looked at E-Ponies over the years looking for a system that could be gleaned from the data.

so today I am coming to a conclusion as to a SPOT PLAY method using E-Ponies.  Play a horse that has 3 or more first/top rankings in a category and do a SHOW bet.  A lot of time this will be the top E-Ponies pick hence you might only get a nickle return per dollar bet ($2.10).  So this is how it played out today  01/25/23:

Tampa Bay  race5 horse #3 (not top E-Ponies pick) showed paid $3.60

PENN          race2 horse #3 (E-Ponies top pick) won show paid $2.10

race 7 horse #6 (E-Ponies top pick) showed  paid $2.60

Participant
        LongshotWhisperer
        • 105 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

012623 e-ponies tk

AQU

Race #1 horse #2 top pick out

Race #2 horse #4 top pick out only win-place paid

Race #6 horse #6 3<sup>rd</sup> pick

Race #8 horse #6 top pick

GP

Race #8 horse #7 top pick

<u>Mahoning Valley</u>

Race #6 horse #3 top pick

Race #8 horse #6 top pick

Participant
        LongshotWhisperer
        • 105 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

AQU

Race #1 horse #2 top pick out

Race #2 horse #4 top pick out only win-place paid #4 came in 3-rd in a 4 horse race

Race #6 horse #6 3-rd pick win $4.80 win only paid no place or show

Race #8 horse #6 top pick win $3.60 3.50 2.70

GP

Race #8 horse #7 top pick out

<u>Mahoning Valley sloppy</u>

Race #6 horse #3 top pick out

Race #8 horse #6 top pick finished 4

Participant
        LongshotWhisperer
        • 105 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

012723 e-ponies tk

AQU none

CT

race 1 horse #8 top pick

race 6 horse #3 top pick

PENN none

TP none

Participant
        LongshotWhisperer
        • 105 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

012723 e-ponies tk

AQU none

CT

race 1 horse #8 top pick came in 4-th

race 6 horse #3 top pick came in 4-th

PENN none

TP none

Top Picks are not doing so well so perhaps this is an indication of a distance change/never raced at distance and/or going up in class designation.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.