Home Forums Horse Racing Picks Saratoga full card picks 8/19

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Michael Taylor
      • 29 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Saratoga Race 1
      1, Strong Light: Drops down after facing tougher in his last two starts. He can show late speed that may get him into the money at this shorter distance. Will need some help to win. I’ll use him underneath and hope he doesn’t run a big one.
      2, Psychic Income: Showed speed in his debut but got nailed at the wire. It seems Ortiz was caught by surprised. If he improves in his second start and Ortiz rides him TO THE WIRE this time, he should be a threat.
      3, North Pole: Tracked Psychic Income and just couldn’t get past in the last yards. He lost the win by a neck and was claimed out of that race. Perhaps he lost his best chance to move past this condition. He’ll need a bit of luck to win today but should hit the board.
      4, No Code: Gets the bug in his return to racing. He may be a step slow to threaten for a win. Pletcher does well at the claiming level and returning runners off layoffs. He may have put him in a claiming race for a reason. I’ll use him in the tri and superfectas
      5, Ministerial: Ward puts him on dirt after a ho-hum effort at 5 furlongs over grass in his first start. I don’t think he challenges these for a top three spot. Maybe next time.
      6, Cheeky Tico: Returns to a level that should fit him better. In his last going an eighth of a mile further he was eased against 105K maidens. Two back he gave the lead up late versus nearly similar. He should hit the board if he puts in an honest effort.

$2.00 WPS 2
      $1.00 exacta box 1-2-3
      $1.00 exacta 1-2-3 / 1-2-3-6
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2-3/ 1-2-3-6 / 1-2-3-4-6
      .10 cent superfecta 1-2-3 / 1-2-3-6 /1-2-3-4-6 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 1-2-3 / 1-5 / 4
      .50 cent pick five 1-2-3 / 1-5 / 4 / 1A / 3-8

Saratoga Race 2
      1, Beachfront Bid: Drops to an easier maiden claiming event. She just missed at the $90K maiden level at Belmont after some road woes. She runs well on sod but is a money burner so be careful with her. However, she’s still a big threat to hit the board somewhere.
      2, Birthday Time: Staked pace setters in her last over a softer turf and missed the win by a half a length. Moves back to a level she will find tougher but if she repeats her last effort should challenge for the trifecta.
      3, Diamond Status: Moves up a few levels and this should be enough to keep her out of the money if the race goes as expected. Her speed figures are a notch below these and at best she’s a superfecta runner.
      4, Devilly: Her last going 5.5 furlongs at Saratoga saw her finish third but off over 4 lengths off the leaders. She’s winless in eleven lifetime starts and this should make twelve. An honest run puts her in a trifecta contention.
      5, Miss Bonnie T: Missed by a neck in her last off the layoff. The bump she took could be to blame but that’s over with. Should be stronger on her second start off the break. Prat can keep her in with a chase if he rates her well. I’m not feeling the money burner Beachfront Bid so I will use them both on the top of the gimmicks.
      6, Free Chickens: Stretches out today and less the winning efforts in her last two starts. Switches to the turf and her barn is winless with that move. Rosario jumps aboard and depending on her odds she may be a superfecta payout enhancer.
      7, Gather the Facts: Knocked around repeatedly in her last and was probably discouraged. The Brown barn will attract a lot of attention and rightfully so. She raced well two starts back at 7 furlongs and just missed. If she runs like that today she can win. Chad Brown seems to know when to remove blinkers. She’s a threat with her best.
      8, Lady Firefoot: She’s in a tough spot and she will need to beat 4 runners to finish in the superfecta. A tough spot for her.

$2.00 W 5
      $2.00 PS 1-5
      $1.00 exacta 1-5 / 1-5-6-7
      .50 cent trifecta 1-5 / 1-5-6-7 / 1-2-5-6-7-8
      .10 cent superfecta 1-5 / 1-5-6-7 / 1-2-4-5-6-7 / 1-2-4-5-6-7-8
      $1.00 pick three 1-5 / 4 / 1A
      .50 cent pick 4 1-5 / 4 / 1A / 3-8

Saratoga Race 3
      1, Galerio: Moves into a new barn after giving up the lead late in her last at this distance. She comes off the freshening and hopefully the new barn didn’t tamper with her too much. She should be good enough to factor and possibly vie for the win.
      1A, Gigging: Velazquez gets the nod to ride today and she may find this level too tough. Her speed figures are good but don’t match well with these. I’ll give her outside superfecta chances.
      2, Alejandro: Ships in from Churchill and hasn’t missed the board since 2/21 at The Fairgrounds. If her late speed shows up in this race, she should be able to beat the majority of these to the wire with little effort
      3, Shooger Ray Too: Didn’t do much in the $200K Birdstone going longer and I’m doubtful she will be a factor at this level and distance.
      4, The Reds: Her last four starts were at this level and she’s been knocking on the door but no one’s answered. Not many in this race has run this distance as well as she has. Her last two works have been sharp and she may be ready to roll for the Saffie barn. She appears to be the best bet in this race.
      5, Two Thirty Five: She didn’t get the best trip in her last and ran evenly. It did result in a place finish but well off the leader. She’s hit the board in 4 of her 7 starts at this level. This level should be tougher for her but I think she can rebound and run well enough to hit the board.
      6, Bourbon Calling: Stretches back out to this distance where she has run twice and missed the board. She will need a slower pace than these will go to move into contention to finish in the money. She will surprise me if she hits the board.

$2.00 WPS 4
      $1.00 exacta box 1-2-4 / 1-2-4-5
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2-4 / 1-2-4-5 /1-2-4-5
      .10 cent superfecta 1-2-4 /1-2-4-5 /1-2-4-5 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 4 / 1A / 3-8

Saratoga Race 4
      1, Transactional: First start out of the Brown barn and gets spotted in a short field that should help him in his attempt to hit the board. I think he may need a race or two but this group isn’t spectacular and he can make a trifecta bid.
      1A, Indemify: Raced well in his debut going this distance at this level. Another Chad Brown runner to return in this race. He should be able to work out a stalking trip and has some late speed. If it shows he can loom late. Prat should know how to handle him. Contender.
      2, Outperform: Moves up in class and switches surface. He enters todays fray with one average workout over grass. I think he has to improve to move forward.
      3, Bali Riddim: His speed figures are improving with each start as long as the track is dry. He’ll need to get out the gate better to enhance his chance to win. The pace relief he gets in should help as well.
      4, Whiskey Lullaby: Led and faded in his last at this distance. Hopefully that race tighten him up for today. Claimed, moves up and Velazquez rides. There’s no known speed entered so he can control the pace. Can win if others are dull.
      5, Logan’s Runner: Debuts versus a field that should keep him off the board. This nicely bred colt should not hit the board unless the race falls apart.
      6, Triumphant Road: Gets blinkers and moves over to dirt. After his last start its tough seeing him moving forward to challenge these.

$2.00 WPS 1A
      $1.00 exacta 1A-4 / 1A-3-4
      .50 cent trifecta 1A-4 / 1A-3-4 /1A-3-4
      .10 cent superfecta 1A-4 / 1A-3-4 /1A-3-4/ ALL
      $1.00 pick three 1A / 3-8 / 9

Saratoga Race 5
      1, Nicholas James: Shows early speed but its usually depleted as he nears the finish line. Takes a class drop and if he goes to the lead may be able to hold on to hit the bottom of the board.
      2, Hang Tight: Thistledown shipper runs for the first time as a gelding. He should be overmatched today. I’ll look to others.
      3, Joey Loose Lips: Comes off a year long layoff and this barn doesn’t particularly have its runners ready to go off a break that long. In his last in an ungraded stakes race, he stopped. He’s working out nicely and if Carmouche judges him well, he should be the one the rest have to get past.
      4, Inspiration Point: Broke his maiden in his last and now faces tougher. He usually runs well off the freshening. He tends to have issues getting out the gate and if that occurs today, he won’t be a factor. I’ll give him trifecta chances.
      5, Perfect Silent Cat: It’s his first time at Saratoga and he seems to be handling the surface well during the mornings. His barn adds blinkers possibly to find more speed. Without it he will be an also ran.
      6, Top of the Mint: Velaquez rides him well and gets him close to a win when he rides. Normally he’s on fumes as he hits deep stretch so if the pace doesn’t fall apart, he’s running for lessor purse money.
      7, Eminency: Won his last and moves to face tougher. He seems to like this distance and needs a rated ride to last, He doesn’t seem to handle the Saratoga surface in the mornings If those numbers reflect how he’ll run, he’s running for minor rewards.
      8, Got the Gold: Doesn’t seem to have the speed to win this his own. He needs any leader on the front to tire. He has a touch of late speed and if these do not come back to him, he’s running for minor rewards.

$2.00 WPS 3
      $1.00 exacta 3 / 8
      .50 cent trifecta 3 / 8 / 4-5-6
      .10 cent superfecta 3 / 8 / 4-5-6 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 3-8 / 9 / 6
      $1.00 pick six 3-8 / 2-9 / 5-6 / 1-3 / 2-6 / 3-8

Saratoga Race 6
      1, Widmark: Bows from a low percentage barn and there’s not much to brag about for him. He’s going to have to beat me.
      2, Secretary of War: Franco must ride him wisely to get him home first.
      3, Master Sergeant: He last raced at Monmouth and raced in the middle of the pack. He stretches out for this start but must first show me he’s ready to go this distance effectively.
      4, Thethrillofvictory: First time starter comes in and doesn’t look like he will make a lot of noise. The Maker barn might have him ready to compete for the bottom of the gimmicks
      5, Liotta: He will need to take a big step forward to make an impact today but I don’t think he will be among the leaders as they hit the wire.
      6, Let’s Go Big Blue: Weaver sends this two-year-old colt out and with his breeding he may run and threaten to finish in the bottom of the gimmicks. I believe he’s bred to go long on the turf with the Giant’s Causeway genes. I will use him underneath in the gimmicks.
      7, Ulumalu: McPeek sends this one out and there’s not a lot get me interested in using him. I can’t endorse him using him.
      8, El Quemado: He gets blinkers for this start after just running along in his last. He may be a little closer to the pace and not should still not threaten these. Rudy Rodriguez is not having the meet he’d like
      9, Provision: He moves out to post position 9 and this will let him see any speed to his inside. Stalked and faded in his last so Saez must push the button at the right time to get him home first. There’re not many runners entered that appears to be able to keep pace. He’s clearly the one to beat on paper and this seems to be his to race to lose.
      10, Barry the Builder: Showed nothing in his last start. He gets blinkers after regressing with each step in his last. He’s not for me today.
      mto11, Chulligan:

$2.00 W 9
      $2.00 PS 2-9
      $1.00 exacta 2-9 / 2-4-6-9
      .50 cent trifecta 2-9 / 2-4-6-9 / 2-4-6-9
      .10 cent superfecta 2-9 / 2-4-6-9 / 2-4-6-9/ 2-4-6-7-8-9
      $1.00 pick three 9 / 6 / 1 1 / 2-6 / 3
      .50 cents pick five 2-9 / 5-6 / 1-3 / 2-6 / 3-8

Saratoga Race 7
      1, Freedom Speaks: Ships up from Gulfstream and showed speed in her starts. Tries her third surface in three races. She won on the all-weather surface in Florida and now tries to win on grass. The relax pace this race should offer gives her a chance to hit the board despite the low percentage her connections have with its runners on turf.
      2, American Starlet: The less then perfect start in her last may have cost her a better finish. She tired as she tried to close on the leaders. If she’s on or near the lead in the stretch, she’ll need something left when they enter deep stretch. She could boost gimmick payouts with her best.
      3, Neon Summer: Something went wrong in her last start here. Uncertain how she will respond in her first start after that event. Maker must think she’s OK to put her back in competition, but I would like to see her run one first. Hopefully she doesn’t beat me.
      4, American Heroine: Has yet to win running on turf. Gulfstream turf course still plays fast. Clement ships runners well and gives her a dose of Lasix after five months away from racing. She’ll need to be faster to win.
      5, Crowding Out: Stalked leaders in her last and stopped the clock in fast 1:01. She may bounce off that effort and as she moves slightly up the class ladder. On the flip side if she can repeat that last effort, she’s a big threat. Trainer Chad Brown should have her ready and she’s hard to toss out of bets
      6, Tuscan Queen: She failed to geta ground saving trip in her last and gave the lead up in deep stretch. She pulled that big effort out of the sky and should have a tough time repeating it. I think she’ll be at her best in her third start off the layoff and with a better trip should loom in the stretch.
      7, Caironi: Trailed a couple of runners in her last that are entered today. She gets a slight break with a lack of capable runners going against her. Carmouche has ridden her for a win before but today she will be lucky to hit the board but something is telling to use her in the gimmicks.
      8, A Little Faith: She’s been pretty reliable in her last several starts hitting the board in several of those starts. She’s rarely broke from a post position this far outside. Post position 8 may make it a bit tougher for her. She’s going to have to dig in and run her best to notch this win
      9, Nay Say: She jumps way up in class and would appear to be very outmatched. Look back at her effort in September 21 at the $100K maiden level where she earned a show finish at this track. She doesn’t look like a strong contender to today but deep pocket bettor may want to toss her in the superfecta wagers on a whim.
      10, Osiria: She gets blinkers for this start after leading the field for half the race they backing out of it. Should improve in her second off the layoff for Clement. Post position 10 makes a win harder but if she can move forward off her last start she should be able to stick around to hit the board.
      mto11, Ruvies in Time:
      mto12 Chole Rose:
      mto13, Awesome Indra:
      mto14, Baba:

$2.00 WPS 6
      $1.00 exacta 5-6 / 5-6-7-8
      .50 cent trifecta 5-6 / 5-6-7-8 / 3-4-5-6-7-8-10
      .10 cent superfecta 5-6 / 5-6-7-8 / 3-4-5-6-7-8-10 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 6 / 1 / 2-6
      .50 cents pick four 5-6 / 1-3 / 2-6 / 3-8

Saratoga Race 8
      1, Army Wife: She seems to run well at this distance and has only missed the board once in 4 tries at a mile and an eighth earning two wins. She’s faced tough competition her entire career. Took the field a long way in the G1 Alabama stakes at Saratoga last year. I think she’ll need a near perfect ride under Gaffalione to win. Major player today,
      2, Misty Veil: She hasn’t raced this long or at this track in a while. She may show early speed that could affect the pace and outcome if she can run on. She’ll probably end up spitting the bit in mid-stretch at this level and distance.
      3, Envoutante: Didn’t run to her odds in the G1 Beholder stakes at Santa Anita. I might try to blame the track surface for that performance. She’s back east and training well. She should be fresh off the five month break. The key to her is if she has anything left in the tank in the stretch.
      4, Leader of the Band: She’s never gone this distance before. She needs a hot pace in front of her and if she can rate, she’ll need Rosario to see it and hold her off the pace. Her late speed can make her a danger at possibly long odd. Things could get interesting if that happens and there is enough speed entered for it to happen. Hmmm.
      5, First to Act: Overcame some small issues at the gate in her last two starts. She now moves up in class and her speed figures are improving. She’ll probably race a little further back then usual at this distance. If she can get past stragglers and strugglers cleanly in the stretch, she has superfecta chances under Irad Ortiz.
      6, Exotic West: She’s in a bit of a dilemma. An average pace keeps her out of contention while a slower pace will allow her and several other runners a chance to win. I don’t think she’s any kind of threat today.
      7, Bonny South: Her back class should see her run well enough to finish in the money for Brad Cox. She shows occasional late foot I believe she will need these to back up to her to raise her odds of winning. She is a contender for minor rewards in this short field.

$2.00 win 1
      $2.00 PS 1-3
      $1.00 exacta 1-3-4 / 1-3-7
      .50 cent trifecta 1-3-4 / 1-3-7 / 1-3-4-7
      .10 cent superfecta 1-3-4 / 1-3-7 / 1-3-4-7 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 1 / 2-6 / 3

Saratoga Race 9
      1, Fish Mooney: Got knocked around a bit in the start of her last but ran on to claim a place spot. Moves up slightly in class for today’s event and may need to do a bit more the be victorious. She hasn’t won a race since January of this year and I would like to see her in the post parade before dismissing or using her.
      2, Radiant Gem: She suffered all kinds of troubles in her last start and finished well off the leaders. She eked out two wins at this distance before that start. Velaquez remains in the irons and I think she earns a “redo” off that last start. I’ll try to outsmart other betters and use her on top.
      3, Hatari: She pulled away late in her last start to notch the victory. She should get the same pace scenario in this start as she did on her last. If she is sharper in her second off the layoff could notch back to back victories today despite the class hike.
      4, Vintage Girl: Just raced mid pack in her last and was not much of a threat. Although had a slight brush at the gate its no excuse for her performance. I think we see the same today racing for a struggling Rudy Rodriguez barn.
      5, Rosemary Potatoes: I recall her being well hyped for her last start and promptly threw in a clunker. I’m not sure how she will do today but I don’t predict a winning effort from her.
      6, Diva Ready: She moves up the class ladder after chasing the leader in her last but coming up short. With a better ride from Franco she could give the struggling Rodriguez barn their second win at the Saratoga meet. I think we see a sharper runner today who with tracking trip as well as a well timed late run could see her looming late.
      7, Mirth ‘n Merriment: She shows speed and carries it on to win or she fades. Carmouche will put her out there and play catch me if you can. I think they will catch her. She can set the race up for others. Who will run with her? Who will track the pace? Will they let her run alone and get loose on the lead? While I don’t think she will win, I think she is the key to the race.
      8, Judge Judith: She should be outclassed today and faces a tough task. If she runs with the leaders will be done early or stay off the pace and not able to catch up. I can’t endorse her. She needs a lot of luck to win.
      mto9, Mariah’s Fortune:

$2.00 WPS 2-6
      $1.00 exacta 2-3-6 / 2-3-6-7
      .50 cent trifecta 2-3-6 / 2-3-6-7 / 2-3-6-7-8
      .10 cent superfecta 2-3-6 / 2-3-6-7 / 2-3-6-7-8 / 2-3-6-7-8

Saratoga Race 10
      1, Jeremy’s Jet: His last on turf saw him regress in the stretch. The low percentage barn needs to figure this runner out if they want him to win.
      2, Fadethenoise: Michael Maker tabs Flavien Prat to ride and they need to get a bit more speed from him. Two back versus tougher he finished well up the track. Switched over to grass and showed speed. Faces tougher again and will need to repeat his last to have a chance to win. Inside post position helps if he can find more speed
      3, Oxymore: Pulled away from the field in his last at Belmont after enjoying a soft lead. Started to turn on the jets at the ½ mile pole and never looked back, Starts for Chad Brown today and he has his runners ready to return to the races. If he gets a clean break and clear path, he should be a threat in this bunch.
      4, No Nay Hudson: Switches to turf after literally being knock out of contention early. He fought back to get within a one length of the leader but tired. His third start off the layoff should see him at his best but I don’t think it will be good enough to threaten for the win.
      5, Private Creed: Won at first asking at Ellis Park, He did have a ho hum work out here at Saratoga. Based on his Grandsires he’s bred for speed and turf. He should improve today but I won’t use him to win and will watch him to see what he does.
      6, Noble Huntsman: Won his debut in a slower time and caught a break when the favorite had major road woes. Nobody went with him as they entered into the turn and didn’t improve the gap between the rest as he headed home. If he can’t find more late, he could get left behind in the stretch.
      7, Prove Right: He simply doesn’t have the speed to outrun these.
      8, Appraise: Won his debut after tracking the leaders and making a closing move as they entered the stretch. He got lucky when a closing rival got right next to him but hung in the stretch. He may not get the fast early splits of that race and if he gets to the lead but can get ran down. Franco must be mistake free.
      9, Bourbon Therapy: Should be outclassed and outran in this race. He’ll have to beat me.
      10, Cadillac Candy: He ships in from Churchill Downs and moves up in class. It took him almost the entire stretch to get past the leader. He got the head bob to earn the win. He’s going to have to hope the pace isn’t solid and the predicted leaders get things their way. That race seemed faster than the time posted and I’m not sure what the run-up time for Churchill is.

$2.00 WPS 3
      $2.00 PS 8
      $1.00 exacta 3-8 / 3-8-10
      .50 cent trifecta 3-8 / 3-8-10/ 2-3-6-8-10
      .10 cent superfecta 3-8 / 3-8-10/ 2-3-6-8-10 / 2-3-4-6-8-10

Participant
      Topic Author
      Michael Taylor
      • 29 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Saratoga took my lunch………………………again

Saratoga Race 1
      1, Strong Light: Drops down after facing tougher in his last two starts. He can show late speed that may get him into the money at this shorter distance. Will need some help to win. I’ll use him underneath and hope he doesn’t run a big one.
      2, Psychic Income: Showed speed in his debut but got nailed at the wire. It seems Ortiz was caught by surprised. If he improves in his second start and Ortiz rides him TO THE WIRE this time, he should be a threat.
      3, North Pole: Tracked Psychic Income and just couldn’t get past in the last yards. He lost the win by a neck and was claimed out of that race. Perhaps he lost his best chance to move past this condition. He’ll need a bit of luck to win today but should hit the board.
      4, No Code: Gets the bug in his return to racing. He may be a step slow to threaten for a win. Pletcher does well at the claiming level and returning runners off layoffs. He may have put him in a claiming race for a reason. I’ll use him in the tri and superfectas
      5, Ministerial: Ward puts him on dirt after a ho-hum effort at 5 furlongs over grass in his first start. I don’t think he challenges these for a top three spot. Maybe next time.
      6, Cheeky Tico: Returns to a level that should fit him better. In his last going an eighth of a mile further he was eased against 105K maidens. Two back he gave the lead up late versus nearly similar. He should hit the board if he puts in an honest effort.

$2.00 WPS 2
      $1.00 exacta box 1-2-3
      $1.00 exacta 1-2-3 / 1-2-3-6
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2-3/ 1-2-3-6 / 1-2-3-4-6
      .10 cent superfecta 1-2-3 / 1-2-3-6 /1-2-3-4-6 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 1-2-3 / 1-5 / 4
      .50 cent pick five 1-2-3 / 1-5 / 4 / 1A / 3-8

Saratoga Race 2
      1, Beachfront Bid: Drops to an easier maiden claiming event. She just missed at the $90K maiden level at Belmont after some road woes. She runs well on sod but is a money burner so be careful with her. However, she’s still a big threat to hit the board somewhere.
      2, Birthday Time: Staked pace setters in her last over a softer turf and missed the win by a half a length. Moves back to a level she will find tougher but if she repeats her last effort should challenge for the trifecta.
      3, Diamond Status: Moves up a few levels and this should be enough to keep her out of the money if the race goes as expected. Her speed figures are a notch below these and at best she’s a superfecta runner.
      4, Devilly: Her last going 5.5 furlongs at Saratoga saw her finish third but off over 4 lengths off the leaders. She’s winless in eleven lifetime starts and this should make twelve. An honest run puts her in a trifecta contention.
      5, Miss Bonnie T: Missed by a neck in her last off the layoff. The bump she took could be to blame but that’s over with. Should be stronger on her second start off the break. Prat can keep her in with a chase if he rates her well. I’m not feeling the money burner Beachfront Bid so I will use them both on the top of the gimmicks.
      6, Free Chickens: Stretches out today and less the winning efforts in her last two starts. Switches to the turf and her barn is winless with that move. Rosario jumps aboard and depending on her odds she may be a superfecta payout enhancer.
      7, Gather the Facts: Knocked around repeatedly in her last and was probably discouraged. The Brown barn will attract a lot of attention and rightfully so. She raced well two starts back at 7 furlongs and just missed. If she runs like that today she can win. Chad Brown seems to know when to remove blinkers. She’s a threat with her best.
      8, Lady Firefoot: She’s in a tough spot and she will need to beat 4 runners to finish in the superfecta. A tough spot for her.

$2.00 W 5…………………………………………………………….won $10.40
      $2.00 PS 1-5…………………………………………………………….won $9.70
      $1.00 exacta 1-5 / 1-5-6-7
      .50 cent trifecta 1-5 / 1-5-6-7 / 1-2-5-6-7-8
      .10 cent superfecta 1-5 / 1-5-6-7 / 1-2-4-5-6-7 / 1-2-4-5-6-7-8
      $1.00 pick three 1-5 / 4 / 1A
      .50 cent pick 4 1-5 / 4 / 1A / 3-8
      Saratoga Race 3
      1, Galerio: Moves into a new barn after giving up the lead late in her last at this distance. She comes off the freshening and hopefully the new barn didn’t tamper with her too much. She should be good enough to factor and possibly vie for the win.
      1A, Gigging: Velazquez gets the nod to ride today and she may find this level too tough. Her speed figures are good but don’t match well with these. I’ll give her outside superfecta chances.
      2, Alejandro: Ships in from Churchill and hasn’t missed the board since 2/21 at The Fairgrounds. If her late speed shows up in this race, she should be able to beat the majority of these to the wire with little effort
      3, Shooger Ray Too: Didn’t do much in the $200K Birdstone going longer and I’m doubtful she will be a factor at this level and distance.
      4, The Reds: Her last four starts were at this level and she’s been knocking on the door but no one’s answered. Not many in this race has run this distance as well as she has. Her last two works have been sharp and she may be ready to roll for the Saffie barn. She appears to be the best bet in this race.
      5, Two Thirty Five: She didn’t get the best trip in her last and ran evenly. It did result in a place finish but well off the leader. She’s hit the board in 4 of her 7 starts at this level. This level should be tougher for her but I think she can rebound and run well enough to hit the board.
      6, Bourbon Calling: Stretches back out to this distance where she has run twice and missed the board. She will need a slower pace than these will go to move into contention to finish in the money. She will surprise me if she hits the board.

$2.00 WPS 4…………………………………………………………….won $6.90
      $1.00 exacta box 1-2-4 / 1-2-4-5
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2-4 / 1-2-4-5 /1-2-4-5
      .10 cent superfecta 1-2-4 /1-2-4-5 /1-2-4-5 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 4 / 1A / 3-8
      Saratoga Race 4
      1, Transactional: First start out of the Brown barn and gets spotted in a short field that should help him in his attempt to hit the board. I think he may need a race or two but this group isn’t spectacular and he can make a trifecta bid.
      1A, Indemify: Raced well in his debut going this distance at this level. Another Chad Brown runner to return in this race. He should be able to work out a stalking trip and has some late speed. If it shows he can loom late. Prat should know how to handle him. Contender.
      2, Outperform: Moves up in class and switches surface. He enters todays fray with one average workout over grass. I think he has to improve to move forward.
      3, Bali Riddim: His speed figures are improving with each start as long as the track is dry. He’ll need to get out the gate better to enhance his chance to win. The pace relief he gets in should help as well.
      4, Whiskey Lullaby: Led and faded in his last at this distance. Hopefully that race tighten him up for today. Claimed, moves up and Velazquez rides. There’s no known speed entered so he can control the pace. Can win if others are dull.
      5, Logan’s Runner: Debuts versus a field that should keep him off the board. This nicely bred colt should not hit the board unless the race falls apart.
      6, Triumphant Road: Gets blinkers and moves over to dirt. After his last start its tough seeing him moving forward to challenge these.

$2.00 WPS 1A…………………………………………………………….won $7.10
      $1.00 exacta 1A-4 / 1A-3-4…………………………………………………………….won $3.55
      .50 cent trifecta 1A-4 / 1A-3-4 /1A-3-4
      .10 cent superfecta 1A-4 / 1A-3-4 /1A-3-4/ ALL
      $1.00 pick three 1A / 3-8 / 9
      Saratoga Race 5
      1, Nicholas James: Shows early speed but its usually depleted as he nears the finish line. Takes a class drop and if he goes to the lead may be able to hold on to hit the bottom of the board.
      2, Hang Tight: Thistledown shipper runs for the first time as a gelding. He should be overmatched today. I’ll look to others.
      3, Joey Loose Lips: Comes off a year long layoff and this barn doesn’t particularly have its runners ready to go off a break that long. In his last in an ungraded stakes race, he stopped. He’s working out nicely and if Carmouche judges him well, he should be the one the rest have to get past.
      4, Inspiration Point: Broke his maiden in his last and now faces tougher. He usually runs well off the freshening. He tends to have issues getting out the gate and if that occurs today, he won’t be a factor. I’ll give him trifecta chances.
      5, Perfect Silent Cat: It’s his first time at Saratoga and he seems to be handling the surface well during the mornings. His barn adds blinkers possibly to find more speed. Without it he will be an also ran.
      6, Top of the Mint: Velaquez rides him well and gets him close to a win when he rides. Normally he’s on fumes as he hits deep stretch so if the pace doesn’t fall apart, he’s running for lessor purse money.
      7, Eminency: Won his last and moves to face tougher. He seems to like this distance and needs a rated ride to last, He doesn’t seem to handle the Saratoga surface in the mornings If those numbers reflect how he’ll run, he’s running for minor rewards.
      8, Got the Gold: Doesn’t seem to have the speed to win this his own. He needs any leader on the front to tire. He has a touch of late speed and if these do not come back to him, he’s running for minor rewards.

$2.00 WPS 3
      $1.00 exacta 3 / 8
      .50 cent trifecta 3 / 8 / 4-5-6
      .10 cent superfecta 3 / 8 / 4-5-6 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 3-8 / 9 / 6
      $1.00 pick six 3-8 / 2-9 / 5-6 / 1-3 / 2-6 / 3-8

Saratoga Race 6
      1, Widmark: Bows from a low percentage barn and there’s not much to brag about for him. He’s going to have to beat me.
      2, Secretary of War: Franco must ride him wisely to get him home first.
      3, Master Sergeant: He last raced at Monmouth and raced in the middle of the pack. He stretches out for this start but must first show me he’s ready to go this distance effectively.
      4, Thethrillofvictory: First time starter comes in and doesn’t look like he will make a lot of noise. The Maker barn might have him ready to compete for the bottom of the gimmicks
      5, Liotta: He will need to take a big step forward to make an impact today but I don’t think he will be among the leaders as they hit the wire.
      6, Let’s Go Big Blue: Weaver sends this two-year-old colt out and with his breeding he may run and threaten to finish in the bottom of the gimmicks. I believe he’s bred to go long on the turf with the Giant’s Causeway genes. I will use him underneath in the gimmicks.
      7, Ulumalu: McPeek sends this one out and there’s not a lot get me interested in using him. I can’t endorse him using him.
      8, El Quemado: He gets blinkers for this start after just running along in his last. He may be a little closer to the pace and not should still not threaten these. Rudy Rodriguez is not having the meet he’d like
      9, Provision: He moves out to post position 9 and this will let him see any speed to his inside. Stalked and faded in his last so Saez must push the button at the right time to get him home first. There’re not many runners entered that appears to be able to keep pace. He’s clearly the one to beat on paper and this seems to be his to race to lose.
      10, Barry the Builder: Showed nothing in his last start. He gets blinkers after regressing with each step in his last. He’s not for me today.
      mto11, Chulligan:
      $2.00 W 9
      $2.00 PS 2-9…………………………………………………………….won $6.20
      $1.00 exacta 2-9 / 2-4-6-9
      .50 cent trifecta 2-9 / 2-4-6-9 / 2-4-6-9
      .10 cent superfecta 2-9 / 2-4-6-9 / 2-4-6-9/ 2-4-6-7-8-9
      $1.00 pick three 9 / 6 / 1
      .50 cents pick five 2-9 / 5-6 / 1-3 / 2-6 / 3-8

Saratoga Race 7
      1, Freedom Speaks: Ships up from Gulfstream and showed speed in her starts. Tries her third surface in three races. She won on the all-weather surface in Florida and now tries to win on grass. The relax pace this race should offer gives her a chance to hit the board despite the low percentage her connections have with its runners on turf.
      2, American Starlet: The less then perfect start in her last may have cost her a better finish. She tired as she tried to close on the leaders. If she’s on or near the lead in the stretch, she’ll need something left when they enter deep stretch. She could boost gimmick payouts with her best.
      3, Neon Summer: Something went wrong in her last start here. Uncertain how she will respond in her first start after that event. Maker must think she’s OK to put her back in competition, but I would like to see her run one first. Hopefully she doesn’t beat me.
      4, American Heroine: Has yet to win running on turf. Gulfstream turf course still plays fast. Clement ships runners well and gives her a dose of Lasix after five months away from racing. She’ll need to be faster to win.
      5, Crowding Out: Stalked leaders in her last and stopped the clock in fast 1:01. She may bounce off that effort and as she moves slightly up the class ladder. On the flip side if she can repeat that last effort, she’s a big threat. Trainer Chad Brown should have her ready and she’s hard to toss out of bets
      6, Tuscan Queen: She failed to geta ground saving trip in her last and gave the lead up in deep stretch. She pulled that big effort out of the sky and should have a tough time repeating it. I think she’ll be at her best in her third start off the layoff and with a better trip should loom in the stretch.
      7, Caironi: Trailed a couple of runners in her last that are entered today. She gets a slight break with a lack of capable runners going against her. Carmouche has ridden her for a win before but today she will be lucky to hit the board but something is telling to use her in the gimmicks.
      8, A Little Faith: She’s been pretty reliable in her last several starts hitting the board in several of those starts. She’s rarely broke from a post position this far outside. Post position 8 may make it a bit tougher for her. She’s going to have to dig in and run her best to notch this win
      9, Nay Say: She jumps way up in class and would appear to be very outmatched. Look back at her effort in September 21 at the $100K maiden level where she earned a show finish at this track. She doesn’t look like a strong contender to today but deep pocket bettor may want to toss her in the superfecta wagers on a whim.
      10, Osiria: She gets blinkers for this start after leading the field for half the race they backing out of it. Should improve in her second off the layoff for Clement. Post position 10 makes a win harder but if she can move forward off her last start she should be able to stick around to hit the board.
      mto11, Ruvies in Time:
      mto12 Chole Rose:
      mto13, Awesome Indr
      mto14, Baba:

$2.00 WPS 6…………………………………………………………….won $3.00
      $1.00 exacta 5-6 / 5-6-7-8
      .50 cent trifecta 5-6 / 5-6-7-8 / 3-4-5-6-7-8-10
      .10 cent superfecta 5-6 / 5-6-7-8 / 3-4-5-6-7-8-10/ ALL
      $1.00 pick three 6 / 1 / 2-6
      .50 cents pick four 5-6 / 1-3 / 2-6 / 3-8

Saratoga Race 8
      1, Army Wife: She seems to run well at this distance and has only missed the board once in 4 tries at a mile and an eighth earning two wins. She’s faced tough competition her entire career. Took the field a long way in the G1 Alabama stakes at Saratoga last year. I think she’ll need a near perfect ride under Gaffalione to win. Major player today,
      2, Misty Veil: She hasn’t raced this long or at this track in a while. She may show early speed that could affect the pace and outcome if she can run on. She’ll probably end up spitting the bit in mid-stretch at this level and distance.
      3, Envoutante: Didn’t run to her odds in the G1 Beholder stakes at Santa Anita. I might try to blame the track surface for that performance. She’s back east and training well. She should be fresh off the five month break. The key to her is if she has anything left in the tank in the stretch.
      4, Leader of the Band: She’s never gone this distance before. She needs a hot pace in front of her and if she can rate, she’ll need Rosario to see it and hold her off the pace. Her late speed can make her a danger at possibly long odd. Things could get interesting if that happens and there is enough speed entered for it to happen. Hmmm.
      5, First to Act: Overcame some small issues at the gate in her last two starts. She now moves up in class and her speed figures are improving. She’ll probably race a little further back then usual at this distance. If she can get past stragglers and strugglers cleanly in the stretch, she has superfecta chances under Irad Ortiz.
      6, Exotic West: She’s in a bit of a dilemma. An average pace keeps her out of contention while a slower pace will allow her and several other runners a chance to win. I don’t think she’s any kind of threat today.
      7, Bonny South: Her back class should see her run well enough to finish in the money for Brad Cox. She shows occasional late foot I believe she will need these to back up to her to raise her odds of winning. She is a contender for minor rewards in this short field.

$2.00 win 1
      $2.00 PS 1-3…………………………………………………………….won $4.70

$1.00 exacta 1-3-4 / 1-3-7
      .50 cent trifecta 1-3-4 / 1-3-7 / 1-3-4-7
      .10 cent superfecta 1-3-4 / 1-3-7 / 1-3-4-7 / ALL
      $1.00 pick three 1 / 2-6 / 3
      Saratoga Race 9
      1, Fish Mooney: Got knocked around a bit in the start of her last but ran on to claim a place spot. Moves up slightly in class for today’s event and may need to do a bit more the be victorious. She hasn’t won a race since January of this year and I would like to see her in the post parade before dismissing or using her.
      2, Radiant Gem: She suffered all kinds of troubles in her last start and finished well off the leaders. She eked out two wins at this distance before that start. Velaquez remains in the irons and I think she earns a “redo” off that last start. I’ll try to outsmart other betters and use her on top.
      3, Hatari: She pulled away late in her last start to notch the victory. She should get the same pace scenario in this start as she did on her last. If she is sharper in her second off the layoff could notch back to back victories today despite the class hike.
      4, Vintage Girl: Just raced mid pack in her last and was not much of a threat. Although had a slight brush at the gate its no excuse for her performance. I think we see the same today racing for a struggling Rudy Rodriguez barn.
      5, Rosemary Potatoes: I recall her being well hyped for her last start and promptly threw in a clunker. I’m not sure how she will do today but I don’t predict a winning effort from her.
      6, Diva Ready: She moves up the class ladder after chasing the leader in her last but coming up short. With a better ride from Franco she could give the struggling Rodriguez barn their second win at the Saratoga meet. I think we see a sharper runner today who with tracking trip as well as a well timed late run could see her looming late.
      7, Mirth ‘n Merriment: She shows speed and carries it on to win or she fades. Carmouche will put her out there and play catch me if you can. I think they will catch her. She can set the race up for others. Who will run with her? Who will track the pace? Will they let her run alone and get loose on the lead? While I don’t think she will win, I think she is the key to the race.
      8, Judge Judith: She should be outclassed today and faces a tough task. If she runs with the leaders will be done early or stay off the pace and not able to catch up. I can’t endorse her. She needs a lot of luck to win.
      mto9, Mariah’s Fortune:

$2.00 WPS 2-6
      $1.00 exacta 2-3-6 / 2-3-6-7
      .50 cent trifecta 2-3-6 / 2-3-6-7 / 2-3-6-7-8
      .10 cent superfecta 2-3-6 / 2-3-6-7 / 2-3-6-7-8 / 2-3-6-7-8
      Saratoga Race 10
      1, Jeremy’s Jet: His last on turf saw him regress in the stretch. The low percentage barn needs to figure this runner out if they want him to win.
      2, Fadethenoise: Michael Maker tabs Flavien Prat to ride and they need to get a bit more speed from him. Two back versus tougher he finished well up the track. Switched over to grass and showed speed. Faces tougher again and will need to repeat his last to have a chance to win. Inside post position helps if he can find more speed
      3, Oxymore: Pulled away from the field in his last at Belmont after enjoying a soft lead. Started to turn on the jets at the ½ mile pole and never looked back, Starts for Chad Brown today and he has his runners ready to return to the races. If he gets a clean break and clear path, he should be a threat in this bunch.
      4, No Nay Hudson: Switches to turf after literally being knock out of contention early. He fought back to get within a one length of the leader but tired. His third start off the layoff should see him at his best but I don’t think it will be good enough to threaten for the win.
      5, Private Creed: Won at first asking at Ellis Park, He did have a ho hum work out here at Saratoga. Based on his Grandsires he’s bred for speed and turf. He should improve today but I won’t use him to win and will watch him to see what he does.
      6, Noble Huntsman: Won his debut in a slower time and caught a break when the favorite had major road woes. Nobody went with him as they entered into the turn and didn’t improve the gap between the rest as he headed home. If he can’t find more late, he could get left behind in the stretch.
      7, Prove Right: He simply doesn’t have the speed to outrun these.
      8, Appraise: Won his debut after tracking the leaders and making a closing move as they entered the stretch. He got lucky when a closing rival got right next to him but hung in the stretch. He may not get the fast early splits of that race and if he gets to the lead but can get ran down. Franco must be mistake free.
      9, Bourbon Therapy: Should be outclassed and outran in this race. He’ll have to beat me.
      10, Cadillac Candy: He ships in from Churchill Downs and moves up in class. It took him almost the entire stretch to get past the leader. He got the head bob to earn the win. He’s going to have to hope the pace isn’t solid and the predicted leaders get things their way. That race seemed faster than the time posted and I’m not sure what the run-up time for Churchill is.

$2.00 WPS 3…………………………………………………………….won $9.90
      $2.00 PS 8
      $1.00 exacta 3-8 / 3-8-10
      .50 cent trifecta 3-8 / 3-8-10 / 2-3-6-8-10
      .10 cent superfecta 3-8 / 3-8-10 / 2-3-6-8-10 / 2-3-4-6-8-10

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.