skip to Main Content

Home Forums Rants and Outbursts Privacy

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      • 70 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

When I joined, I choose not to have my name seen by anyone but me.
      I checked to see if that option worked by visiting the forum from
      a computer that has none of my information & I didn’t log in.
      Well lo and behold, my name was in plain site, visible to everybody & anybody.
      I suggest to all members that want to keep their names private to go to account settings
      and change their real names to something else.

Participant
      turf
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

just labeled wrong ,where it says place yr name should read place your internet name, soooo just edit it

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Hello, i’d like to know more about this to resolve it. Can we get some URL’s of the offending pages? This is not something we want to happen. So please let us know.

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Please check out the Settings under the Account tab. There should be a new Tab for privacy where you can hide your profile from the search. And please let me know if this fixes this issue. Thanks!

Participant
      turf
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

View Profile

Base

Name ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just change this {Name} to Avatar Name ,,I made this mistake also
      turf

Participant
      Topic Author
      • 70 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Just letting everybody know that your profile is visible to anyone.

I just changed my privacy settings because I got this email.

(“Hi Guest,
      alice fransico sent you a new message: “hello”

“I am Alice, I will be very happy if you can write me through my private email address( alicefransico65@hotmail.com ) for easy communication so that we can know each other, I will give you my pictures and details about me.””)

I probably can’t prevent the above creep from emailing me again or from sharing my email address with other creeps, but maybe the rest of you can.

PS I have no idea of how to find other members info and I do not want to know how.

I hope that my change in settings works.

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

The message was not sent to your private email.  Your info is not shown to anyone.  That was the forum private message system being used as spam.  We’ve removed the private messaging system because this happened.  We also saw that no one seemed to use it. You will not see any more messages via this method.  We could also move to a friends only system that would allow messages to be sent only if you’re a friend with someone but there is no current plans to do so.

No one can ever see your private info.  I’m the developer, and I got access to the entire sites data and I can tell you that your payment info is not on this server.   In fact, I do not even have your address details or any real details except your name and email.  PayPal secures all of the more private details.

Our security remains very good.  I’ve seen zero signs of issues, outside of spammers.  I work tirelessly on security and making things tight.  I find security issues on about 95% of the sites I work on.  It’s our top priority.  The rare Spammer has been are our only issue.  We don’t get much, but occasionally we get a few.

I apologize you got that email.  The situation has been removed.  Please do not respond to that message.

I hope this puts you at rest about our site.  We can’t be cocky, but we are paying close attention to things.

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Oh, and yes.  Please use the privacy features how you would like.  It’s why we added them.

Participant
      roamin
      • 2,598 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Guest, I got the same message but I was foolish and answered it thinking I would encourage that person to join the contest we hold.  I never got an answer so I just deleted that message.  I did not know that person.. I hope that person can not use my e mail for personal reasons.

Participant
      Topic Author
      • 70 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Guest, I got the same message but I was foolish and answered it thinking I would encourage that person to join the contest we hold. I never got an answer so I just deleted that message. I did not know that person.. I hope that person can not use my e mail for personal reasons.

The person that sent the PM was probably unable to imbed a virus or worm into it because it was sent through E-Ponies.

If you ever receive a reply, delete it without opening it. If you open it, do not click on or highlight anything. If you do  you may regret doing so, for the rest of your life.

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Our code would of filtered any such attempts to embed anything in the email.  There is no opportunity to attach files to that message and no way to enter malicious code.  In addition, any (non-encrypted) file with malicious attempt should be filtered by your email host unless they encrypt it.  Never enter passwords on files in your mailbox and its generally a good idea not to open files unless you confirm who sent them to you.s.

There is NO risk to any users due to this email unless you message her with the email within the message and then do what they tell you to do.

My biggest advice to you about ALL E-Mails, is NEVER assume an E-Mail comes from the person who it says sent it and never open any file within an email.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.