skip to Main Content

Home Forums Horse Racing Picks Del Mar 9/9 if track is listed anything other then fast no bets

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Michael Taylor
      • 29 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Del Mar Alw 50000s 1 Mile 3&up Friday, September 09, 2022 Race 1
      1, Mighty Matt: Extends the distance for this start after regressing with every furlong in his last. Must show more at this level to intrigue me.
      2, Bright Leaf : He doesn’t have the speed to be a threat to win. Shortens up slightly off the layoff where he usually runs his best. Can win if others aren’t at their collective best but better used underneath.
      3, Mitico: Ships in from Florida and stretches out. This barn doesn’t have its runner well prepared off layoffs. There should be too may tougher foes to see him as a threat.
      4, Durante: Led and tired in the stretch in his last start. Clearly bested the 3rd place finisher in that start, He’s faced tougher before. If Umberto can rate him I think he’s the one to beat.
      5, Americaredwhiteblu: He doesn’t seem to like getting his nose across the wire first. He’ll probably track the leaders. A softer pace like the one he should get today improves his chances. He can win but does he want too?
      6, Tisquantum: Moves over to dirt and should race off the pace. He has enough late foot to move towards leaders late He’s training well and should finish in the money with an honest effort
      7, Mo Them Down: He will more then like be the early pace setter. Ramon’s biggest task will be to judge the others and rate him accordingly. His start two races back he tired early then normal. I don’t see things changing in his strategy but he can hang around and finish in the money.
      8, Socal Red: He will need to do more.

$2.00 WPS 4-5
      $1.00 exacta 4-5 / 4-5-7
      .50 cent trifecta 4-5/ 4-5-7 / 4-5-7-2
      .10 cent superfecta 4-5/ 4-5-7 / 2-4-5-7 / 2-4-5-6-7

Del Mar ™Mdn 80k 5 Furlongs (T) 3&up, F & M Friday, September 09, 2022 Race 2
      1, Real Fire: Returns to turf after an eventful race two back. It appeared she had to work hard to keep up with early leaders. She got into a bit of trouble coming out of the turn with several things occurred. She got bumped, the hole she wanted closed as soon as she started to move through it. She regained her momentum but was out finished by a half a length. A better trip this time….
      2, Decade of Dreams: Walked out the gate in her last start and the disadvantage kept her out of contention; She closed well making it seems if she can get out the gate better this time, she can factor in the money.
      3, La Macarena: First time starter enters against runners that should regulate her to the back of the pack.
      4, Natalia: Shes training well but hails from a barn that’s doesn’t have its runners ready to go for their debut. I will use her underneath based solely on her workouts.
      5, Weemissgrammy: No stamina to keep her in contention. Not this time.
      6, Dream a Dream Longshot runner broke sharply and lead the field a long way before succumbing. There should be a repeat of this start today. The short field could see her hang around for the superfecta at best.
      7, Cuban Crisis: Blasted out the gate and helped push the pace until the stretch turn where she got passed by most of the others. Shortens up and will possibly have to be all out from the start to have a chance. With no improvement I don’t see her winning this.
      $2.00 WPS
      $1.00 exacta box 1-27
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2-7 / 1-2-7 / 1-2-4-7
      .10 cent superfecta 1-2-7 / 1-2-7 / 1-2-6-7 / 1-2-4-6-7

Del Mar ™‘MC 50000 5½ Furlongs 2yo Fillies Friday, September 09, 2022 Race 3
      1, Smokem for You: Broke last after not getting out the gate and was hustled up to catch the pack. She should get a slower pace that can allow her to move forward and finish in the money but will need to get out of the gate better
      2, Fixyurhairupretty: The pace setters were too fast for her to catch. I don’t see any speed like that entered here and this offers her a big chance to be among the leaders. If anyone of her rivals show late speed this reduces her chances to win.
      3, Golden Again: This first time starter will have to surprise me. So-so work outs don’t lead me to believe she will be a contender today.
      4, Forest Acclamation: Drops down and moves back to turf. I think at her best she is a superfecta runner.
      5, Elegant Sway: Started racing from the back of the pack and didn’t make much progress toward leaders. She ran las a 21-1 runner should. She has an outside chance at a superfecta finish.
      6, Big Gift: Her morning sessions are the greatest but may be just good enough to see her challenge for a trifecta/superfecta finish. Her sire does sport a 16% win rate with his first time starters
      7, Night Party: She cranked out a sharp workout prior to this start. If she runs to those numbers, she could factor in the gimmicks. The low percentage barn keeps me from being a bit more excited about using her.
      8, Pretty Thirsty Chased sharp splits and then spit the bit. Even with slower runners entered in this race she should bring up the rear. She will have to beat me.
      9, Smokin Cheena: Hustled up to the lead in her last battled the favorite for the lead. Set sharp fractions and then slowly began to back out of it. She basically walked under the wire. Two states back as the favorite once again battled for the lead with the same results. Frey must rate her to keep her tank from emptying. If he can she’s a bigger threat.
      10, Violet Crown: She enters from a low percentage barn with a low percentage rider. Her chances to win are low.
      ae11, Wink Wish and Park: She should be no threat to these if she draws in. Would need to fight hard for a superfecta finish
      ae12, Caanfoolery:: Would need the better runners to scratch out to be considered as a contender in this race.
      $2.00 WPS
      $1.00 exacta box 2-9
      .50 cent trifecta 2-9 / 1-2-9 / 1-2-6-7-9
      .10 cent superfecta 2-9 / 1-2-9 / 1-2-6-7-9 / ALL

Del Mar Clm 25000 1„ Mile (T) 3&up Friday, September 09, 2022 Race 4
      1, Move Over: Taken to the back of the pack in his last. He made a big move entering the home turn but flatten out as she exited it. He’s always in contention at this level and I think he thought the leader(s) would come back to him in his last. He should be better placed in this start and hit the board.
      2, Jack Sprout: Broke from post 11 in his last and seemed to just amble along. Was never a factor in that start and this will be just his second start of 3033/ He will need to do more in his second start off the layoff. He has an outside chance for the superfecta.
      3, Pillar Mountain: Returns after a long layoff and his barn isn’t spectacular bringing runners back from breaks of that length. I think he wants to go longer then the flat mile. He has the back class to run with these, but he may need a start to sharpen up. Its hard not to use him but to keep wager costs affordable I will not use him today.
      4, Proud Pedro: Raced from the rear in his last start. Made a move before the home turn but ran into traffic and perhaps that cost him a better finish. Can’t afford to be too far off the pace and risk running into a roadblock of runners. A smarter ride can put him in with exotic hopes.
      5, Rijeka: Shortens up today and chased decent splits the first time around the track. On the home run he seemed to have his momentum stopped more than once. With a cleaner path he can be a bigger threat to this group/ He’s faced tougher and I think he can win even with his poor record at this distance.
      6, Southern King: Ran with leaders early in his last. He raced three wide for much of the race while keeping pace. He was out finished in deep stretch and only his lack of late foot kept him from winning. If there are any runners that can show late foot it bodes badly for him. Hopefully he will be kept closer to the pace and this allows him a top three finish
      7, Holy Ghost: Shared the back of the pack with 1, Move Over in his last. He was out finished never getting better then mid pack. I don’t think he will do much better today.
      8, Kitten’s Spa: He, like so many, others seemed to be caught off guard when the winner of the race took off setting fast fractions
      9, Back Ring Luck: He was the only one that went with the winner in his last and was able to keep pace despite the quick pace. Tried gamely to keep pace but tired. If he was held off the pace a little more perhaps he could have finished better
      10, Tartini: He was wrangled to the back of the pack and kept Holy Ghost and Move Over company. Started to move to the leaders about halfway through the race but was out finished for the place spot. If he’s closer to the pace he could get past runners to earn the win. However he’s dependent on the pace in front of him and is probably best used underneath.
      11, Perfect Cut: Moves to sod after winning his last on dirt. He stalked the paced. He ran on as his odds dictated he should, with just one runners closing on him. Moves up in class and the switch to a turf make him tough to use. He will have to beat me.
      ae1,2U. S. Danger: He’ll try to go gate to wire buy may not last. A rated ride can see him last long enough to take these to the wire. His rider Frey will have to find that fine line between too fast and just fast enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if he outran these but feel better using him underneath. His race really depends on who scratches out
      ae13, Falsely Accused: Im not sure if he has what it takes to be a contender. He like, so many others of the also eligible, need key runners to scratch out the race to improve his chances to compete.
      ae14, Peace of Ekati: His form is not at the level he needs to be to run with these. I’ll pass on using him today

$2.00 WPS 5-10–ae12
      $1.00 exacta box 1-4-5-6-10–ae12
      .50 cent trifecta 5-10–ae12 / 1-4-5-6-10–ae12 / 1-2-4-5-6-9-10-ae12-ae13
      .10 cent superfecta 5-10–ae12 / 1-4-5-6-10–ae12/ 1-4-5-6-10–ae12 / 1-2-4-5-6-9-10-ae12-ae13

Del Mar ™‘OC 20000n1x 6½ Furlongs 3&up, F & M Friday, September 09, 2022 Race 5
      $2.00 WPS-2-11
      $1.00 exacta 2-4-11 / 2-4-6-7-11
      .50 cent trifecta 2-4-11/ 2-5-11 / 1-2-4-6-7-9-11
      .10 cent superfecta 2-4-11 / 2-5-11 / 1-2-4-6-7-9-11 / 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11

Del Mar ™Mdn 80k 1 Mile (T) 2yo Fillies Friday, September 09, 2022 Race 6
      $2.00 WPS 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9
      $1.00 exacta 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9/ 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9/ 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9/ 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-ae11-ae12-ae13-ae14
      .10 cent superfecta 7-9 / 7-9-10/ 3-5-7-9-10-ae11/ 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-ae11

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.