Home Forums Horse Racing Picks Belmont picks full card

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Michael Taylor
      • 29 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Belmont Park Allowance 80000n1x 6 Furlongs 3&up Race 1
      1 Vincent: Moves into allowance class racing and doesn’t appear to have the speed to beat these.
      2 Quickflash: Caught a break and doesn’t have to face experienced runners AND winners at this level. He won’t win today without some luck but if this 1-22 runners “early speed” can be controlled, he has all the chances in the world to finish in the trifecta
      3 My Last Mission: If he goes with the early paces, he’s going to end up with rubbery legs as they enter the stretch, Best I can see him is as a superfecta contender.
      4 Safalow’s Mission: Broke his maiden in his last start and if he can improve in his third off the layoff will compete for minor rewards. If you throw out that race in December at Aqueduct when he runs on dirt, he’s been picking up checks. I think he can do the same today. I’ll use him in the tri or the super.
      5 Big Castle: Jumps up in class and at this distance should be easily outran. He’ll have to beat me.
      6 Tap’n de Bank: Attained a win in his last start and celebrates by being entered in a field that lacks a lot of talent. If he doesn’t bounce off his last Velazquez should be able to pilot him into contention for a win. If he tried to fight for the lead he could tire and give it up in the stretch. A smart ride makes him a major player
      7 Win for Gold: Should get an energy saving trip by tracking leaders and making a move at the right time. Carmouche should know this horse and the reduced distance should be in his favor. He could make things interesting in the stretch if his speed figures progress.
      8 Unique Unions: He’s gets Lasix and faces a softer field. He like so many others entered today won’t run away from the pack but will need to be tactical throughout this race. Franco can’t panic as they enter the stretch. This distance may be what he wants

$2.00 WPS 7
      $1.00 exacta box 6-7-8
      $1.00 Daily Double 6-7-8 / 1A-8
      $1.00 pick 3: 6-7-8 / 1A -8 / 4-5
      $1.00 pick 5: 6-7-8 / 1A -8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7
      $1.00 pick 6: 6-7-8 / 1A -8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7 /1

Belmont Park Allowance 92000n1x 1 Mile 3&up Race 2
      1 Power Agenda: Faltered versus similar in his last running over the sod. Today the Pletcher barn stretches him out and puts him back on dirt in his second off the layoff. He could be the rabbit for his stable mate 1A Bright Future
      1A Bright Future: Pulled away from foes to win as first asking. There’s not a bunch of runners entered here that can match his effort and he should be well rested in his return. His barn has runners well prepared to repeat or come close to their last performance. You almost have to use him again in this field.
      2 Uncle Moonlight: It seems we’ve seen the best this colt can do for now. This level should be to tough for him even with most of the entries jumping up in class as well. A big effort with his late foot can see him vie for the bottom of the gimmicks
      3 Set Sail: Chased leaders in the G3-Peter Pan but tired badly in deep stretch. He knocks off a furlong and faces hopefully easier foes. Burning money as the post time favorite could be an eye raising trend with him. The class relief he gets today can help him vie for minor rewards if he can get a hold of this deep sandy surface
      4 Strong Quality: He’s helped set the pace in his last two starts but has kept the lead once. His speed figures have improved with each outing. Now with Ortiz in the irons I think can improve him as well It wouldn’t surprise me to see him win Coming from the slower Fair Grounds surface, I think he improves today.
      5 Good Culture: There enough better runners to keep him off the board.
      6 Three Jokers: Faced similar in his last and just missed the win going slightly longer. He does like running at Belmont but just doesn’t win I don’t think I will bet on him bucking his tread of a slight regress in his second starts off layoffs. I won’t use him to win but I think he factors in the gimmicks with a solid run.
      7 Alado: He’s never won running over dirt and even this group of runners should prove too tough.
      8 Higher Quality: Comes in from Aqueduct after a gate to wire win. That effort was better than it looks on paper and it look like he had more. I don’t think the extra panel will be a big hurdle if Frano handles him well. The move up here shouldn’t prove too difficult if he reproduces his last effort. I like his chances in this field

$2. WPS 8
      $1.00 exacta 1A-8 / 1A-4-6-8
      50. cent trifecta 8 /1A / 1A-2-3-4-6
      .10 cent superfecta 1A-8 / 1A-4-6-8 / 1A-4-6-8 / 1A-2-3-4-6
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1A-8 / 4-5
      $1.00 pick 3: 1A-8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4
      $1.00 pick 4: 1A -8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7

Belmont Park Acorn-G1 1 Mile 3yo Fillies Race 3
      1 Dream Lith: Shouldn’t be fast enough to be considered a threat
      2 Inventing: Faced graded stake rivals and has shown good speed in her first two starts. Can’t seem to get her head past the winner I think she can outrun her odds today and finish in the trifecta with a honest effort,
      3 Divine Huntress: It appears she won’t be able to get it some if the field runs as expected. She turns back the distance and this even paced runner will need to find more.
      4 Matareya: Stalked strong fractions set by Pretty Birdie. Didn’t run past that rival as strongly as I would have like. Prat will have to decide to either set the pace or stalk possible leader 5, Echo Zulu. It’s a tough choice but I think she has a chance to win
      5 Echo Zulu: Cuts back after a disappointing effort in the Kentucky Oaks where she battled 42-1 longshot Yuugiri for the lead. This softened her up for others as she got a bit fatigued in mid-stretch over less than ideal conditions for her. She cuts back to a mile and should be the one to cut the mile. They’re going to have to run her down and that may occur.

$1. Exacta 4-5
      $1.00 exacta box 4-5
      .50 cent trifecta 4-5 / 4-5 / 2-3
      .10 cent superfecta 4-5 / 4-5 / 2-3 / ALL
      $1.00 Daily Double: 4-5 / 2-3-4
      $1.00 pick 3: 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7

Belmont Park Just a Game Stakes-G1 1 Mile (T) 4&up, F & M Race 4
      1 Leggs Galore: She will keep the pace honest if she makes the lead. She tries the Belmont turf and maker things interesting if allowed to set a pace she wants. I think she will get pushed faster then she wants to go and faded in the stretch
      2 Regal Glory: Tracked the pace setter in The G1 Jenny Wiley and when asked responded well and held off post time favorite for the win. She may have company on the front end with 1 Leggs Galore but can’t hook up in a senseless duel. She seems to have tactical speed as well as late speed. There’s not a lot to beat entered but I don’t think a win will be easy.
      3 Speak of the Devil: Settled in the back of the pack and asked to move before the stretch turn and never looked back beating a short field. I am no good at reading Timeform for European races so I will just say she’ll probably get splits to run after today and if she turns on the jets like she did in the Churchill Distaff this race is her to win
      4 In Italian: Broke out the gate to lead in the Churchill Distaff and seemed surprised when 3 Speak of the Devil came out of nowhere to thunder on by. She couldn’t regroup and the races was lost by mid-stretch. This will not happen again and I’m sure Ortiz will be looking for her as they head to the wire. I think she won’t win but hits the board
      5 Wakanaka: She needs lot of things to happen to be successful today. She’s an also ran if they don’t

$2.00 WPS 3
      $1.00 exacta box 2-3-4
      .50 cent trifecta 2-3 / 2-3-4/2-3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double: 2-3-4 / 1-7
      $1.00 pick 3: 2-3-4 / 1-7 / 1
      $1.00 pick 4: 2-3-4 / 1-7 / 1 / 5-8

Belmont Park Brooklyn-G2 1½ Mile 4&up Race 5
      1: Lone Rock: He’s lost just once in 6 tries at this distance. He’ll be wining it from the lead and if slowed to control the pace will be out front as they near the wire. He’s a winning machine and rarely has been challenged at this distance. He’s clearly the one to beat and it’s tough to exclude him.
      2 Max Player: He hasn’t been the same since that disappointing finish on the Breeders’ Cup Classic. He may appreciate the longer distance in this race and the smaller field can help him hit the board with an honest effort.
      3 Warrant: His race is predicated on how Prat handles him early. His last race was the first time he missed the board in 10 starts. He will have a tough time getting past 1, Lone Rock to win but can run for smaller rewards.
      4 Portos: Runs against tougher than he’s faces in quite a while. I can’t see him winning and has already lost to a few runners entered in this race by several lengths.
      5 First Constitution: He will press the pace or be pressed. Either way he will more than likely be among the early leaders. Lezcano will have to rate him almost perfectly to see him get the extra panels. These graded stakes runner should prove tougher than the ones he beat in South America. I think he hits the board with a smart ride.
      6 Locally Owned: These should prove too tough for him to conquer. Like the rest he’s running for minor rewards at best.
      7 Fearless: Saez returns to the saddle and Pletcher does nicely bringing runners off layoffs. I’ll blame the Oaklawn surface for his last finish and I think he can rebound here to threaten for the win

$2.00 WPS 1-7
      $1.00 exacta 1-7 / 1-3-7
      .50 cent trifecta 1-7 / 1-3-7 / 1-2-3-5-7
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1-7 / 1
      $1.00 pick 3: 1-7 / 1 / 5-8

Belmont Park Woody Stephens S-G1 7 Furlongs 3yo Race 6
      1 Jack Christopher: He appeared to feel great in his last start by tugging a statue like Ortiz into tracking the pace. When asked he moved forward with little prodding to win easily. He’s training well at Belmont and seems to run well here.
      2 Pappacap: Jump to the lead in the Pat Day mile but when headed by 1 Jack Christopher had nothing left and just held on for show. Cuts back a panel and this could help him hit the board. He isn’t a big win threat throughout his career and today should be no different.
      3 Wit: He’s been facing graded stakes runners his whole career but hasn’t beat any runner of worth, in my opinion He finished over 9 lengths off 1 Jack Christopher in the 2021 Champaign on this surface. His lack of late speed should keep him from winning.
      4 Morello: I’d toss the Wood effort after hitting the gate he was done it seems. He was riding a three race win streak and was the favorite. That’s in the past but I don’t think he has regained enough form to win.
      5 Chasing Time: He’s going to be chasing the field today. I’ll pass on using him.
      6 Provocateur: Moves up in class and stretches out he’s a stronger runner then the first time he tried running here. He is running for a trifecta spot at best.

$2.00 WPS 1
      $1.00 exacta 1 / 2-4
      .50 cent trifecta 1 / 2-4 / 2-3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double
      $1.00 pick 3: 1 / 5-8 / 2
      $1.00 pick 6: 1 / 1 / 5-8 / 2 / 9 / 1-6

Belmont Park Ogden Phipps-G1 1ˆ Mile 4&up, F & M Race 7
      1 Letruska: “Catch me if you can” is her motto and it’s worked out well for her. It’s just her third after the hellish finish in the Breeders Cup Distaff. There’s not much reason to go against her and until she shows a flaw that shows her vulnerabilities, she’s the one to beat to me.
      2 Bonny South: She chased 1 Letruska in this race in 2021 and the same story should play out today. She has to worry about other runners keeping her off out of the money.
      3 Malathaat: Enters todays fray and will try to run down 1 Letruska. I don’t think she has the late foot to run past for the win but can fend off others for major purse money.
      4 Clairiere: Outperformed 1 Letruska in the Breeders’ Cup distaff at Del Mar. That was her lifetime best and I can’t see her doing much better than that in just her second start of 2022. Her biggest threat will come from 3 Malathaat & 5 Search Results for 2nd and 3rd. Her late speed should get her up in the money.
      5 Search Results: If she tries to chase the early pace she may fade out of contention. Her best effort seems like it’s a tracking trip and hope for the leader to come back to her. Her late speed disappeared in her last two start and she’s going to need it to be a factor today

$2.00 WPS 1
      $1.00 exacta 1 / 3-4-5
      $1.00 trifecta 1/5 / 3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double
      $1.00 pick 5: 1 / 5-8 / 2 / 9 / 1-6

Belmont Park Jaipur-G1 6 Furlongs (T) Race 8
      1 Change of Control: She takes on the boys and tacks on an extra half furlong to boot. She hasn’t face graded company in over 8 months for some reason. She still has the speed to be competitive, but it looks like this race will have to be handed to her. The rail can help her finish in the money against the boys if she can improve her third off the layoff
      2 Omaha City: Not today
      3 True Valour: He seems to be a better sprinter then router. He came back and tossed the Dubai curse aside with a win in his last start coming off a long, long 11-month hiatus. His speed figures say he’s a viable runner, but the class level says wait a minute. There are only a few legitimate runners with the early speed to push him from the gate. Tough to totally dismiss from the gimmicks
      4 Casa Creed: He returns from a trip to Meydan where he just chased leaders to the wire. His last win came in this race last year. This race could be viewed as if he’s getting some class relief in this field and his results over the Belmont turf puts him in the mix.
      5 Arrest Me Red: He’s only lost once in his last 5 starts and showed good speed in them all. When he sprints on grass, he’s a monster and retaining Ortiz doesn’t hurt. He won’t be a runaway winner race and I don’t see a valid reason to dismiss this Ward runner. I think he is a major player here.
      6 Greyes Creek: Sprinting may not be his bailiwick and it’s difficult to see him outrun this group.
      7 Whatmakessammyrun: I don’t think Sammy will run well today against these at this distance.
      8 Scuttlebuzz: There’s no question he has speed. Faces graded stakes runners for the first time. He runs well on this surface. A repeat of his past turf sprints efforts tags him as the one to beat. Rodriguez usually his runners cranked and ready to go in their 2nd start off the layoff, but he does poorly versus graded stakes runners. Still, he could surprise and will roll the dice with him
      9 Filo Di Arianna: Sorry I must pass on this one.
      10 Smokin’ Jay: He’s not fast enough to use with any confidence especially if the ones I think can run show up
      11 Chasing Artie: Didn’t show up at all in his last at the Turf Sprint at Churchill. This level should help keep him off the board
      12 Gear Jockey: Breaks from post position 12 and add an additional half furlong. His back class might give him a trifecta chance but with all the speed to his inside he needs some luck and a clear path in the stretch. The return of Lezcano can help him hit the board but I think his post position hinders his chance to win
      13 Gregorian Chant: He’s a victim of the draw as well not to mention the class he’s facing. He usually doesn’t start well and that could be what keeps him out of the money. If he had a better post position, I’d might be more inclined to use him.

$2.00 WPS 5-8
      $1.00 exacta box 1-3-4-5-8
      $1.00 Daily Double
      $1.00 pick 3 5-8 / 2 / 9
      $1.00 pick 4: 5-8 / 2 / 9 / 1-6

Belmont Park Metropolitan Handicap -G1 1 Mile 3&up Race 9
      1 Flightline: He’s been destroying his competition in California and now comes east and tries the deeper Belmont track and this may slow him up a bit. He hasn’t raced since December. His barn does OK returning runners off long layoffs I don’t think he routs this field like he did his rivals out west.
      2 Speaker’s Corner: He comes in well rested for this event. This looks like a two-horse race at first glance. They could battle each other into submission if they hook up and go crazy. I think he may have a slight advantage over 1 Flightline since he’s raced at Belmont before. This race is in the jockeys’ hands and whoever makes the bigger mistake will probably lose.
      3 Aloha West: Had a tune up in the Churchill Down Stakes and kind of just loped along hugging the rail. That effort will not put him with a chance to win if the top two runners are sharp. He’s running for trifecta unless something strange happens upfront.
      4 Happy Saver: Even with modest fractions he had nothing left in the Alysheba as the field headed for him. He must show more today or very well may end up an also ran. He doesn’t have the experience of the top two runners and that will keep him in the bottom of the gimmicks
      5 Informative: Naw.

$2,00 WPS 2
      $1.00 exacta 2-1
      $1.00 exacta wheel 1-2 / 1-2-3
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2/1-2-3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double 2 /9
      $1.00 pick 3: 2 / 9 / 1-6
      $1.00 pick 5: 2 / 9 / 1-6 / 7-8-12 / 12

Belmont Park Manhattan-G1 1‚ Mile (t) 4&up Race 10
      1 L’Imperator: Won the Fort Marcy in an almost unimpressive gate to wire fashion over soft turf. He probably won’t get that lucky today. He hasn’t raced this distance in quite a while but has never lost when he has. If this group run splits faster than average, it may be more then he can handle. Facing top level graded company will prove too tough without some luck.
      2 Gufo: Veteran stakes runner is still chugging along. The wide trip from the turn may have cost him enough ground and the win in the Man O War. So don’t hold that race against him too much. It took some urging to finally get hm in gear as well so Rosario will have to get him rolling at the right time. He’s hit the board all three times he’s run this distance and I think he can still finish in the money
      3 Tokyo Gold: European invader may have a difficult task ahead of him. I believe he may prefer softer turf conditions so firm turf could see him finish off the leaders. If the turf isn’t firm for this race, I’d probably use him in the trifecta
      4 Adhamo: I like his effort at Fair Grounds grass when he came home in a big way and just missed the win. That’s not the fastest grass to run over and he did have a very wide trip. If he gets a cleaner run home, he could raise some eyebrows.
      5 In Love: When facing this level of competition, he hasn’t been successful. He could enjoy the added distance today and use what late speed he has to gain on leaders. Whiles he’s not a threat to win, he can figure in the bottom of the gimmicks if things break his way
      6 Rockemperor: Just didn’t look comfortable in the Fort Marcy stakes and was unable to keep up with eventual winner 1 L’Imperatorover over yielding turf conditions. I think this level of racing should regulate him off the board if he doesn’t get his form back in a big way.
      7 Tribhuvanen: He’s going to help set the early pace and then have a hard time maintaining it as they head for home. Last year may have been when he did his best running. Hard to predict which runner will show up. If he’s on the engine he won’t win but if he comes from off the pace may figure in the exotic wagers.
      8 Highland Chief: Got a big break winning the Man O War at long odd when he stalked an easy pace and then turned away a hard closing 2 Gufo who had a wide trip in the stretch turn. Things won’t go his way like that today and I think the runners to his outside will keep him from winning.
      9 Santin: Tracked the pace setter in the Turf classic at Churchill and fought off game rival Mira Mission. Took the same tracing trip in the Muniz Memorial. I think he stays in form and stalks the leaders and I like runners coming off Churchill and Fair Ground turf course. I look for improvement today and will use him on top.
      10 Channel Maker: Time may be catching up to this 8-year-old multi-millionaire. I think he keeps the pace honest and if they let him slow it down can find out it allows some crazy things to happen. Although he doesn’t win at this distance he can still figure and affect the outcome if he’s taken lightly

$2.00 WPS 9
      $1.00 exacta 2-9 / 2-7-8-9-10
      $1.00 exacta box 2-7-8-9-10
      .10 cent superfecta 2-9 / 2-4-8-9-10 / 2-4-7-8-9-10 / 2-3-4-5-7-8-9-10
      $1.00 Daily Double 9 / 1-6
      $1.00 pick 3: 9 / 1-6 / 7-8-12
      $1.00 pick 4: 9 / 1-6 / 7-8-12 / 12

Belmont Park Belmont-G1 1½ Mile Race 11
      1, We the People: Has the speed to go gate to wire but will need to be rated. If other don’t push him could race away at the top of the stretch. His barn may be in over their head. I think he’s a viable threat If he’s not washed out as he was before the Arkansas Derby. Contender
      2, Skippylongstocking: He hasn’t shown the speed needed to beat these and could be in against others that are a tad tough to factor.
      3, Nest: Pletcher enters a filly to tackle the fellas. Had some bad luck when she was asked but had to slow up behind the leaders in the Kentucky Oaks and that killed her late run. A better trip and she should move forward late to figure in the bottom.
      4, Rich Strike: Took full advantage of the pace in the Kentucky Derby to come freely along the rail and snatch the win. The field will be looking for him as well as planning the race around him. He’s been blazing his work outs but if he doesn’t get the pace, he may come up short. I’m not willing to hand him the victory.
      5, Creative Minister: Raced mild manneredly for most of the race but couldn’t fend off late charges from some of the Preakness field. I can’t explain what really happened but if leaders do not come back to him, he’s running for minor rewards
      6, Mo Donegal: He didn’t get the best trip in the Derby where he had to go about 10 wide off the turn then forced back in but still managed to finish a respectable 5th place. The smaller field should offer less traffic woes. A fast pace moves him forward. Watch for track bias to use or dismiss him.
      7, Golden Glider: He isn’t going to draw a lot of attention in this race, and this isn’t shocking. It’s tough to see him doing anything more than a superfecta effort.
      8, Barber Road: Took a winding rout toward the wire in the Deby and suffered by racing the widest in the turn him. It’s doubtful he’ll get the fractions they ran in the Derby today. He doffs the hood, but this almost forgotten derby runner doesn’t excite me enough to use him.

$2.00 WPS 1
      $1.00 exacta 1-6 / 1-4-6
      .50 cent trifecta 1-6/ 1-4-6 / 1-3-4-6
      .10 cent superfecta 1-6/ 1-3-4-6 / 1-3-4-6/ ALL
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1-6 / 7-8-12
      $1.00 pick 3: 1-6 / 7-8-12 /12

Belmont Park MC 75000 1 Mile (T) 3&up Race 12:
      1, Bali Riddim: His barn removes the blinkers, but I don’t think it matters.
      2 Missouri: As that state mottos goes; he’s going to have to show me he can run and win.
      mto. 3 Strike Price: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      4 Just Like This: If you went off percentages this Brad Cox runner is a threat to win. He’s sent out 26 first time turf winners out of 132 runners Yes im stretching but this race is terrible.
      mto, 5 Zuzudini: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      6 Drakon: He hasn’t raced in over 6 months and he’s working out well and gets a dose of Lasix. He moves over to turf and perhaps his Giants Causeway genes can kick in.
      7 Floki’s Flight: Rodriguez puts the blinkers on and moves him to turf. He had some road troubles in his last and that could have cost him the win. His speed figures are improving, and he doesn’t have to beat many other runners to win.
      8 Al’s Rocket: He’s fallen off from his promising start where he finished among leaders. After chasing normal splits spit the bit in a big way finishing more than 15 lengths off the winner. He’ll face a group of mostly softer runners and should help his confidence. Pletcher tabs Ortiz to ride today and let’s see what happens,
      9 Cheeky Tico: He will be among early leaders but if his form holds true, he will start to lag in the home turn. He will have to make me regret not using him in anything other than the superfecta.
      10 Necco: He had a few excuses in his last and should do better today. Gets that first shot of Lasix. McCarthy Trevor will need to be better than his 10% winning percentage. I will use him in the superfecta.
      11 Nothingtoseehere: Not sure what happened in his last start where he finished 51 lengths off the leader, but he can only do better this start. I will only watch him for signs he wants to run better
      12 North Carolina: I dare say he’s the most experiences and shouldn’t have a lot of trouble out running most of these. This is his race to lose and Lezcano only needs to rate him well to get him home first. It’s tough to not use him as a single but this race may hold a surprise or two.

$2.00 WPS 12
      $1.00 exacta 12 / 7-8
      $1.00 exacta box 7-8-12
      50. cent trifecta box 7-8-12
      $1.00 trifecta 12 / 7-8 / 4-7-8
      .10 cent superfecta 7-12 / 7-8-12 / 4-6-7-8-9-10-12
      $1.00 Daily Double: 7-8-12 / 12

Belmont Park Allowance 80000n1x 6 Furlongs (t) 3&up, F & M Race 13
      1, Solib: She seems to have problems holding on to leads when she gets one. She’ll probably be the controlling speed which usually doesn’t work out for her. The short distance may help her compete to hit the board
      2, Flip My Id: Chased the pace in her last and gave way as they hit the stretch. Not quite sure if she has the speed to run with stronger runners entered. Anything faster than average reduces her chances to factor in my opinion.
      3, Blame It On Mary: She returns to turf where she seems to prefer to be on. I’ll toss her last and she’s a bit more consistent than she looks at first glance. She can go a while on the lead but that last ½ furlong seems to be the difference maker for her in her races. I don’t see her winning but could add value to the gimmicks.
      4 Shamalamadingdong: Broke that maiden in her last and now moves up in class. It’s just her 2nd start of 2022 and Clement keeps her on the green stuff and puts Rosario in the saddle. This could draw attention. She can win and it wouldn’t surprise me, but I would like to see her in the post parade before deciding where to use her.
      5 No Payne: She’s always involved but only once got her head across the line first. I think 6 furlongs is just too far for her at this level. If she gets fractions that puts this race under 1:10 she’ll struggle to finish in the money. I think she’s a superfecta runner with her best.
      6 Fontanafredda: This level could prove too tough for her, and she starts for the first time in almost two months. Her connections don’t do well bringing runners back from layoffs. I will look for others today.
      7 Happy Hill Lil: These should prove too fast for her. Put up her best effort I her last but she always seems to run well on the Belmont lawn. Unfortunately, she lost Rosario for today’s race and this may seal her fate.
      8, Dufresne: John Velazquez will need to pull out a miracle today based on her last effort. Trombetta does well with runners in their second start off layoffs. Can she pump up gimmick payouts? May be worth a shot in the bottom of the gimmicks at this level.
      9 Vallelujah: I think she can be look past safely. If she beats me, she beats me.
      10 Act of Congress: Cuts back for this outing and could help set the pace. I wonder will she be at her best in her third lifetime start. The outside post doesn’t help but if she can get to the lead without a lot of problems could upset. I don’t think she wins but will use her underneath. Hopefully she gets a decent trip today.
      11 Lady of Thoroton: Moves up in class and she shouldn’t pressure leaders today.
      12 Palace Gossip: If this race stays on the turf, she’s a contender despite the post position. She’s earned some of the better speed figures in this group and if Prat, who replaces Cancel, can get her to the lead and rate makes her the one to beat. This distance and surface appear to be what she prefers. She’s my top choice and hopefully she bounces back today.
      ae13 Theodora Grace: This level could be too tough for her to come in first, but it all depends on how many and who scratches out. She appears to like the distance, but this level is her kryptonite. She shouldn’t win but can figure with the right scratches.
      mto, 14 Missing Link: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      mto, 15 New York Banker: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      mto, 16 True Empress: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF

$2.00 WPS 12
      $1.00 exacta 12 / 1-3-4-10-ae13

Participant
      Topic Author
      Michael Taylor
      • 29 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

Belmont Park Allowance 80000n1x 6 Furlongs 3&up Race 1
      1 Vincent: Moves into allowance class racing and doesn’t appear to have the speed to beat these.
      2 Quickflash: Caught a break and doesn’t have to face experienced runners AND winners at this level. He won’t win today without some luck but if this 1-22 runners “early speed” can be controlled, he has all the chances in the world to finish in the trifecta
      3 My Last Mission: If he goes with the early paces, he’s going to end up with rubbery legs as they enter the stretch, Best I can see him is as a superfecta contender.
      4 Safalow’s Mission: Broke his maiden in his last start and if he can improve in his third off the layoff will compete for minor rewards. If you throw out that race in December at Aqueduct when he runs on dirt, he’s been picking up checks. I think he can do the same today. I’ll use him in the tri or the super.
      5 Big Castle: Jumps up in class and at this distance should be easily outran. He’ll have to beat me.
      6 Tap’n de Bank: Attained a win in his last start and celebrates by being entered in a field that lacks a lot of talent. If he doesn’t bounce off his last Velazquez should be able to pilot him into contention for a win. If he tries to fight for the lead he could tire and give it up in the stretch. A smart ride makes him a major player
      7 Win for Gold: Should get an energy saving trip by tracking leaders and making a move at the right time. Carmouche should know this horse and the reduced distance should be in his favor. He could make things interesting in the stretch if his speed figures progress.
      8 Unique Unions: He’s gets Lasix and faces a softer field. He like so many others entered today won’t run away from the pack but will need to be tactical throughout this race. Franco can’t panic as they enter the stretch. This distance may be what he wants

$2.00 WPS 7
      $1.00 exacta box 6-7-8
      $1.00 Daily Double 6-7-8 / 1A-8
      $1.00 pick 3: 6-7-8 / 1A -8 / 4-5
      $1.00 pick 5: 6-7-8 / 1A -8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7
      $1.00 pick 6: 6-7-8 / 1A -8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7 /1

2 Quickflash Dylan Davis 30.80 9.20 5.00
      6 Tap’n de Bank John R. Velazquez 5.40 3.60
      8 Unique Unions Manuel Franco 3.50
      Also ran:
      7 – Win for Gold, 4 – Safalow’s Mission, 1 – Vincent, 5 – Big Castle, 3 – My Last Mission

$1 Exacta 2-6 77.00
      $0.50 Trifecta 2-6-8 172.00
      $0.10 Superfecta 2-6-8-7 57.15

Belmont Park Allowance 92000n1x 1 Mile 3&up Race 2
      1 Power Agenda: Faltered versus similar in his last running over the sod. Today the Pletcher barn stretches him out and puts him back on dirt in his second off the layoff. He could be the rabbit for his stable mate 1A Bright Future
      1A Bright Future: Pulled away from foes to win as first asking. There’s not a bunch of runners entered here that can match his effort and he should be well rested in his return. His barn has runners well prepared to repeat or come close to their last performance. You almost have to use him again in this field.
      2 Uncle Moonlight: It seems we’ve seen the best this colt can do for now. This level should be too tough for him even with most of the entries jumping up in class as well. A big effort with his late foot can see him vie for the bottom of the gimmicks
      3 Set Sail: Chased leaders in the G3-Peter Pan but tired badly in deep stretch. He knocks off a furlong and faces hopefully easier foes. Burning money as the post time favorite could be an eye raising trend with him. The class relief he gets today can help him vie for minor rewards if he can get a hold of this deep sandy surface
      4 Strong Quality: He’s helped set the pace in his last two starts but has kept the lead once. His speed figures have improved with each outing. Now with Ortiz in the irons I think can improve him as well It wouldn’t surprise me to see him win Coming from the slower Fair Grounds surface, I think he improves today.
      5 Good Culture: There enough better runners to keep him off the board.
      6 Three Jokers: Faced similar in his last and just missed the win going slightly longer. He does like running at Belmont but just doesn’t win I don’t think I will bet on him bucking his tread of a slight regress in his second starts off layoffs. I won’t use him to win but I think he factors in the gimmicks with a solid run.
      7 Alado: He’s never won running over dirt and even this group of runners should prove too tough.
      8 Higher Quality: Comes in from Aqueduct after a gate to wire win. That effort was better than it looks on paper and it look like he had more. I don’t think the extra panel will be a big hurdle if Frano handles him well. The move up here shouldn’t prove too difficult if he reproduces his last effort. I like his chances in this field

$2. WPS 8
      $1.00 exacta 1A-8 / 1A-4-6-8
      50. cent trifecta 8 /1A / 1A-2-3-4-6
      .10 cent superfecta 1A-8 / 1A-4-6-8 / 1A-4-6-8 / 1A-2-3-4-6
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1A-8 / 4-5
      $1.00 pick 3: 1A-8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4
      $1.00 pick 4: 1A -8 / 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7

2 Uncle Moonlight Kendrick Carmouche 21.40 8.90 4.00
      3 Set Sail Joel Rosario 6.20 3.30
      1A Bright Future Irad Ortiz, Jr. 2.20
      Also ran:
      6 – Three Jokers, 7 – Alado, 5 – Good Culture, 8 – Higher Quality, 1 – Power Agenda
      Scratched horses:
      4 Strong Quality (Veterinarian)

$1 Daily Double 2-2 113.75
      $1 Exacta 2-3 56.50
      $1 Quinella 2-3 22.70
      $0.50 Trifecta 2-3-1 64.37
      $0.10 Superfecta 2-3-1-6 29.55

Belmont Park Acorn-G1 1 Mile 3yo Fillies Race 3
      1 Dream Lith: Shouldn’t be fast enough to be considered a threat
      2 Inventing: Faced graded stake rivals and has shown good speed in her first two starts. Can’t seem to get her head past the winner I think she can outrun her odds today and finish in the trifecta with an honest effort,
      3 Divine Huntress: It appears she won’t be able to get it some if the field runs as expected. She turns back the distance and this even paced runner will need to find more.
      4 Matareya: Stalked strong fractions set by Pretty Birdie. Didn’t run past that rival as strongly as I would have like. Prat will have to decide to either set the pace or stalk possible leader 5, Echo Zulu. It’s a tough choice but I think she has a chance to win
      5 Echo Zulu: Cuts back after a disappointing effort in the Kentucky Oaks where she battled 42-1 longshot Yuugiri for the lead. This softened her up for others as she got a bit fatigued in mid-stretch over less than ideal conditions for her. She cuts back to a mile and should be the one to cut the mile. They’re going to have to run her down and that may occur.

$1. Exacta 4-5
      $1.00 exacta box 4-5
      .50 cent trifecta 4-5 / 4-5 / 2-3
      .10 cent superfecta 4-5 / 4-5 / 2-3 / ALL
      $1.00 Daily Double: 4-5 / 2-3-4………………………….. won $3.00
      $1.00 pick 3: 4-5 / 2-3-4 / 1-7……………….………….. won $11.40

4 Matareya Flavien Prat 2.60 2.10
      3 Divine Huntress Luis Saez 3.90
      1 Dream Lith Ramon A. Vazquez
      Also ran
      2 – Inventing
      Scratched horses:
      5 Echo Zulu (Veterinarian)

$1 Pick 3 2-2-4 (3 correct) 184.50
      $1 Daily Double 2-4 12.00
      $1 Exacta 4-3 4.35
      $1 Consolation Pick 3 2-2-5 (3 correct) 110.25
      $1 Consolation Double 2-5 8.60

Belmont Park Just a Game Stakes-G1 1 Mile (T) 4&up, F & M Race 4
      1 Leggs Galore: She will keep the pace honest if she makes the lead. She tries the Belmont turf and maker things interesting if allowed to set a pace she wants. I think she will get pushed faster then she wants to go and faded in the stretch
      2 Regal Glory: Tracked the pace setter in The G1 Jenny Wiley and when asked responded well and held off post time favorite for the win. She may have company on the front end with 1 Leggs Galore but can’t hook up in a senseless duel. She seems to have tactical speed as well as late speed. There’s not a lot to beat entered but I don’t think a win will be easy.
      3 Speak of the Devil: Settled in the back of the pack and asked to move before the stretch turn and never looked back beating a short field. I am no good at reading Timeform for European races so I will just say she’ll probably get splits to run after today and if she turns on the jets like she did in the Churchill Distaff this race is her to win
      4 In Italian: Broke out the gate to lead in the Churchill Distaff and seemed surprised when 3 Speak of the Devil came out of nowhere to thunder on by. She couldn’t regroup and the races was lost by mid-stretch. This will not happen again and I’m sure Ortiz will be looking for her as they head to the wire. I think she won’t win but hits the board
      5 Wakanaka: She needs lot of things to happen to be successful today. She’s an also ran if they don’t

$2.00 WPS 3
      $1.00 exacta box 2-3-4
      .50 cent trifecta 2-3 / 2-3-4 / 2-3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double: 2-3-4 / 1-7………………………….. won $9.30
      $1.00 pick 3: 2-3-4 / 1-7 / 1 .…………………………….. won $13.20
      $1.00 pick 4: 2-3-4 / 1-7 / 1 / 1

2 Regal Glory 4.80 2.90 2.60
      5 Wakanaka (IRE) 7.60 4.70
      4 In Italian (GB) 4.10

$1 Daily Double 4-2 3.00
      $1 Exacta 2-5 30.75
      $1 Quinella 2-5 18.60
      $0.10 Superfecta 2-5-4-3 9.97
      $0.50 Trifecta 2-5-4 39.50
      $1 Pick 3 2-4-2(3 correct) 24.80
      $1 Consolation Pick 3 2-5-2(3 correct) 20.00

Belmont Park Brooklyn-G2 1½ Mile 4&up Race 5
      1: Lone Rock: He’s lost just once in 6 tries at this distance. He’ll be winging it from the lead and if allowed to control the pace will be out front as they near the wire. He’s a winning machine and rarely has been challenged at this distance. He’s clearly the one to beat and it’s tough to exclude him.
      2 Max Player: He hasn’t been the same since that disappointing finish on the Breeders’ Cup Classic. He may appreciate the longer distance in this race and the smaller field can help him hit the board with an honest effort.
      3 Warrant: His race is predicated on how Prat handles him early. His last race was the first time he missed the board in 10 starts. He will have a tough time getting past 1, Lone Rock to win but can run for smaller rewards.
      4 Portos: Runs against tougher than he’s faces in quite a while. I can’t see him winning and has already lost to a few runners entered in this race by several lengths.
      5 First Constitution: He will press the pace or be pressed. Either way he will more than likely be among the early leaders. Lezcano will have to rate him almost perfectly to see him get the extra panels. These graded stakes runner should prove tougher than the ones he beat in South America. I think he hits the board with a smart ride.
      6 Locally Owned: These should prove too tough for him to conquer. Like the rest he’s running for minor rewards at best.
      7 Fearless: Saez returns to the saddle and Pletcher does nicely bringing runners off layoffs. I’ll blame the Oaklawn surface for his last finish and I think he can rebound here to threaten for the win

$2.00 WPS 1-7…………………………………….. won $16.70
      $1.00 exacta 1-7 / 1-3-7………………………….. won $15.10
      .50 cent trifecta 1-7 / 1-3-7 / 1-2-3-7.….….…….. won $23.00
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1-7 / 1.……………….….….. won $6.40
      $1.00 pick 3: 1-7 / 1 / 1

7 Fearless 9.30 4.50 2.80
      3 W arrant 4.90 3.10
      1 Lone Rock 2.40

$1 Daily Double 2-7 9.30
      $1 Exacta 7-3 15.10
      $0.50 Trifecta 7-3-1 23.00
      $0.10 Superfecta 7-3-1-4 24.17
      $1 Pick 3 4-2-7(3 correct) 11.40
      $0.50 Pick 4 2-4/5-2-7(4 correct) 56.87
      $0.50 Pick 5 2-2-4/5-2-7(5 correct) 1,142.75

Belmont Park Woody Stephens S-G1 7 Furlongs 3yo Race 6
      1 Jack Christopher: He appeared to feel great in his last start by tugging a statue like Ortiz into tracking the pace. When asked he moved forward with little prodding to win easily. He’s training well at Belmont and seems to run well here.
      2 Pappacap: Jump to the lead in the Pat Day mile but when headed by 1 Jack Christopher had nothing left and just held on for show. Cuts back a panel and this could help him hit the board. He isn’t a big win threat throughout his career and today should be no different.
      3 Wit: He’s been facing graded stakes runners his whole career but hasn’t beat any runner of worth, in my opinion He finished over 9 lengths off 1 Jack Christopher in the 2021 Champaign on this surface. His lack of late speed should keep him from winning.
      4 Morello: I’d toss the Wood effort after hitting the gate he was done it seems. He was riding a three race win streak and was the favorite. That’s in the past but I don’t think he has regained enough form to win.
      5 Chasing Time: He’s going to be chasing the field today. I’ll pass on using him.
      6 Provocateur: Moves up in class and stretches out he’s a stronger runner then the first time he tried running here. He is running for a trifecta spot at best.

$2.00 WPS 1.……………….…….. won $7.20
      $1.00 exacta 1 / 2-4.……….…….. won $4.25
      .50 cent trifecta 1 / 2-4 / 2-3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1/ 1
      $1.00 pick 3: 1 / 1 / 5-8
      $1.00 pick 6: 1 / 1 / 5-8 / 2 / 9 / 1-6

1 Jack Christopher 2.70 2.40 2.10
      2 Pappacap 5.70 3.80
      6 Provocateur 4.60

$1 Daily Double 7-1 6.40
      $1 Exacta 1-2 4.25
      $0.50 Trifecta 1-2-6 13.62
      $0.10 Superfecta 1-2-6-3 5.95
      $1 Pick 3 2-7-1(3 correct) 13.20

Belmont Park Ogden Phipps-G1 1ˆ Mile 4&up, F & M Race 7
      1 Letruska: “Catch me if you can” is her motto and it’s worked out well for her. It’s just her third after the hellish finish in the Breeders Cup Distaff. There’s not much reason to go against her and until she shows a flaw that shows her vulnerabilities, she’s the one to beat to me.
      2 Bonny South: She chased 1 Letruska in this race in 2021 and the same story should play out today. She has to worry about other runners keeping her off out of the money.
      3 Malathaat: Enters today’s fray and will try to run down 1 Letruska. I don’t think she has the late foot to run past for the win but can fend off others for major purse money.
      4 Clairiere: Outperformed 1 Letruska in the Breeders’ Cup distaff at Del Mar. That was her lifetime best and I can’t see her doing much better than that in just her second start of 2022. Her biggest threat will come from 3 Malathaat & 5 Search Results for 2nd and 3rd. Her late speed should get her up in the money.
      5 Search Results: If she tries to chase the early pace she may fade out of contention. Her best effort seems like it’s a tracking trip and hope for the leader to come back to her. Her late speed disappeared in her last two start and she’s going to need it to be a factor today

$2.00 WPS 1
      $1.00 exacta 1 / 3-4-5
      $1.00 trifecta 1/ 5 / 3-4
      $1.00 Daily Double
      $1.00 pick 5: 1 / 5-8 / 2 / 9 / 1-6

4 Clairiere 11.60 4.20 3.30
      3 Malathaat 3.80 2.90
      5 Search Results 3.40

$1 Daily Double 1-4 9.30
      $1 Exacta 4-3 15.90
      $0.50 Trifecta 4-3-5 24.75
      $0.10 Superfecta 4-3-5-2 9.32
      $1 Pick 3 7-1-4(3 correct) 33.00
      $0.50 Pick 4 2-7-1-4(4 correct) 33.50

Belmont Park Jaipur-G1 6 Furlongs (T) Race 8
      1 Change of Control: She takes on the boys and tacks on an extra half furlong to boot. She hasn’t face graded company in over 8 months for some reason. She still has the speed to be competitive, but it looks like this race will have to be handed to her. The rail can help her finish in the money against the boys if she can improve her third off the layoff
      2 Omaha City: Not today
      3 True Valour: He seems to be a better sprinter then router. He came back and tossed the Dubai curse aside with a win in his last start coming off a long, long 11-month hiatus. His speed figures say he’s a viable runner, but the class level says wait a minute. There are only a few legitimate runners with the early speed to push him from the gate. Tough to totally dismiss from the gimmicks
      4 Casa Creed: He returns from a trip to Meydan where he just chased leaders to the wire. His last win came in this race last year. This race could be viewed as if he’s getting some class relief in this field and his results over the Belmont turf puts him in the mix.
      5 Arrest Me Red: He’s only lost once in his last 5 starts and showed good speed in them all. When he sprints on grass, he’s a monster and retaining Ortiz doesn’t hurt. He won’t be a runaway winner race and I don’t see a valid reason to dismiss this Ward runner. I think he is a major player here.
      6 Greyes Creek: Sprinting may not be his bailiwick and it’s difficult to see him outrun this group.
      7 Whatmakessammyrun: I don’t think Sammy will run well today against these at this distance.
      8 Scuttlebuzz: There’s no question he has speed. Faces graded stakes runners for the first time. He runs well on this surface. A repeat of his past turf sprints efforts tags him as the one to beat. Rodriguez usually his runners cranked and ready to go in their 2nd start off the layoff, but he does poorly versus graded stakes runners. Still, he could surprise and will roll the dice with him
      9 Filo Di Arianna: Sorry I must pass on this one.
      10 Smokin’ Jay: He’s not fast enough to use with any confidence especially if the ones I think can run show up
      11 Chasing Artie: Didn’t show up at all in his last at the Turf Sprint at Churchill. This level should help keep him off the board
      12 Gear Jockey: Breaks from post position 12 and add an additional half furlong. His back class might give him a trifecta chance but with all the speed to his inside he needs some luck and a clear path in the stretch. The return of Lezcano can help him hit the board but I think his post position hinders his chance to win
      13 Gregorian Chant: He’s a victim of the draw as well not to mention the class he’s facing. He usually doesn’t start well and that could be what keeps him out of the money. If he had a better post position, I’d might be more inclined to use him.

$2.00 WPS 5-8
      $1.00 exacta box 1-3-4-5-8.……………….…….. won $19.10
      $1.00 Daily Double
      $1.00 pick 3 5-8 / 2 / 9
      $1.00 pick 4: 5-8 / 2 / 9 / 1-6

4 Casa Creed Luis Saez 10.40 5.20 4.20
      5 Arrest Me Red Irad Ortiz, Jr. 3.50 2.90
      3 True Valour (IRE) Feargal Lynch 7.80
      Also ran:
      1 – Change of Control , 7 – Whatmakessammyrun , 6 – Greyes Creek , 13 – Gregorian Chant (GB) , 10 – Smokin’ Jay , 2 – Omaha City , 12 – Gear Jockey , 8 – Scuttlebuzz , 9 – Filo Di Arianna (BRZ) , 11 – Chasing Artie

$1 Pick 3 1-4-4 (3 correct) 43.75
      $1 Daily Double 4-4 36.25
      $1 Exacta 4-5 19.10
      $0.50 Trifecta 4-5-3 98.75
      $0.10 Superfecta 4-5-3-1 152.50

Belmont Park Metropolitan Handicap -G1 1 Mile 3&up Race 9
      1 Flightline: He’s been destroying his competition in California and now comes east and tries the deeper Belmont track and this may slow him up a bit. He hasn’t raced since December. His barn does OK returning runners off long layoffs I don’t think he routs this field like he did his rivals out west.
      2 Speaker’s Corner: He comes in well rested for this event. This looks like a two-horse race at first glance. They could battle each other into submission if they hook up and go crazy. I think he may have a slight advantage over 1 Flightline since he’s raced at Belmont before. This race is in the jockeys’ hands and whoever makes the bigger mistake will probably lose.
      3 Aloha West: Had a tune up in the Churchill Down Stakes and kind of just loped along hugging the rail. That effort will not put him with a chance to win if the top two runners are sharp. He’s running for trifecta unless something strange happens upfront.
      4 Happy Saver: Even with modest fractions he had nothing left in the Alysheba as the field headed for him. He must show more today or very well may end up an also ran. He doesn’t have the experience of the top two runners and that will keep him in the bottom of the gimmicks
      5 Informative: Naw.

$2,00 WPS 2
      $1.00 exacta 2-1
      $1.00 exacta wheel 1-2 / 1-2-3.……………….…….. won $5.40
      .50 cent trifecta 1-2/1-2-3-4.………………..….…….. won $4.30
      $1.00 Daily Double 2 /9
      $1.00 pick 3: 2 / 9 / 1-6
      $1.00 pick 5: 2 / 9 / 1-6 / 7-8-12 / 12

1 Flightline Flavien Prat 2.90 2.80 2.10
      4 Happy Saver Irad Ortiz, Jr. 3.80 2.30
      2 Speaker’s Corner Junior Alvarado 2.10
      Also ran:
      3 – Aloha West , 5 – Informative

$1 Pick 3 4-4-1 (3 correct) 54.25
      $1 Daily Double 4-1 9.80
      $1 Exacta 1-4 5.40
      $0.10 Superfecta 1-4-2-3 1.09
      $0.50 Trifecta 1-4-2 4.30

Belmont Park Manhattan-G1 1‚ Mile (t) 4&up Race 10
      1 L’Imperator: Won the Fort Marcy in an almost unimpressive gate to wire fashion over soft turf. He probably won’t get that lucky today. He hasn’t raced this distance in quite a while but has never lost when he has. If this group run splits faster than average, it may be more then he can handle. Facing top level graded company will prove too tough without some luck.
      2 Gufo: Veteran stakes runner is still chugging along. The wide trip from the turn may have cost him enough ground and the win in the Man O War. So don’t hold that race against him too much. It took some urging to finally get hm in gear as well so Rosario will have to get him rolling at the right time. He’s hit the board all three times he’s run this distance and I think he can still finish in the money
      3 Tokyo Gold: European invader may have a difficult task ahead of him. I believe he may prefer softer turf conditions so firm turf could see him finish off the leaders. If the turf isn’t firm for this race, I’d probably use him in the trifecta
      4 Adhamo: I like his effort at Fair Grounds grass when he came home in a big way and just missed the win. That’s not the fastest grass to run over and he did have a very wide trip. If he gets a cleaner run home, he could raise some eyebrows.
      5 In Love: When facing this level of competition, he hasn’t been successful. He could enjoy the added distance today and use what late speed he has to gain on leaders. Whiles he’s not a threat to win, he can figure in the bottom of the gimmicks if things break his way
      6 Rockemperor: Just didn’t look comfortable in the Fort Marcy stakes and was unable to keep up with eventual winner 1 L’Imperatorover over yielding turf conditions. I think this level of racing should regulate him off the board if he doesn’t get his form back in a big way.
      7 Tribhuvanen: He’s going to help set the early pace and then have a hard time maintaining it as they head for home. Last year may have been when he did his best running. Hard to predict which runner will show up. If he’s on the engine he won’t win but if he comes from off the pace may figure in the exotic wagers.
      8 Highland Chief: Got a big break winning the Man O War at long odd when he stalked an easy pace and then turned away a hard closing 2 Gufo who had a wide trip in the stretch turn. Things won’t go his way like that today and I think the runners to his outside will keep him from winning.
      9 Santin: Tracked the pace setter in the Turf classic at Churchill and fought off game rival Mira Mission. Took the same tracing trip in the Muniz Memorial. I think he stays in form and stalks the leaders and I like runners coming off Churchill and Fair Ground turf course. I look for improvement today and will use him on top.
      10 Channel Maker: Time may be catching up to this 8-year-old multi-millionaire. I think he keeps the pace honest and if they let him slow it down can find out it allows some crazy things to happen. Although he doesn’t win at this distance he can still figure and affect the outcome if he’s taken lightly

$2.00 WPS 9
      $1.00 exacta 2-9 / 2-7-8-9-10
      $1.00 exacta box 2-7-8-9-10
      .10 cent superfecta 2-9 / 2-4-8-9-10 / 2-4-7-8-9-10 / 2-3-4-5-7-8-9-10
      $1.00 Daily Double 9 / 1-6
      $1.00 pick 3: 9 / 1-6 / 7-8-12
      $1.00 pick 4: 9 / 1-6 / 7-8-12 / 12

7 Tribhuvan (FR) 40.20 16.00 8.00
      4 Adhamo (IRE) 6.60 4.80
      2 Gufo 2.80

$1 Daily Double 1-7 32.00
      $1 Exacta 7-4 94.75
      $0.10 Superfecta 7-4-2-8 290.40
      $0.50 Trifecta 7-4-2 158.75
      $1 Pick 3 4-1-7(3 correct) 148.75

Belmont Park Belmont-G1 1½ Mile Race 11
      1, We the People: Has the speed to go gate to wire but will need to be rated. If other don’t push him could race away at the top of the stretch. His barn may be in over their head. I think he’s a viable threat If he’s not washed out as he was before the Arkansas Derby. Contender
      2, Skippylongstocking: He hasn’t shown the speed needed to beat these and could be in against others that are a tad tough to factor.
      3, Nest: Pletcher enters a filly to tackle the fellas. Had some bad luck when she was asked but had to slow up behind the leaders in the Kentucky Oaks and that killed her late run. A better trip and she should move forward late to figure in the bottom.
      4, Rich Strike: Took full advantage of the pace in the Kentucky Derby to come freely along the rail and snatch the win. The field will be looking for him as well as planning the race around him. He’s been blazing his work outs but if he doesn’t get the pace, he may come up short. I’m not willing to hand him the victory.
      5, Creative Minister: Raced mild manneredly for most of the race but couldn’t fend off late charges from some of the Preakness field. I can’t explain what really happened but if leaders do not come back to him, he’s running for minor rewards
      6, Mo Donegal: He didn’t get the best trip in the Derby where he had to go about 10 wide off the turn then forced back in but still managed to finish a respectable 5th place. The smaller field should offer less traffic woes. A fast pace moves him forward. Watch for track bias to use or dismiss him.
      7, Golden Glider: He isn’t going to draw a lot of attention in this race, and this isn’t shocking. It’s tough to see him doing anything more than a superfecta effort.
      8, Barber Road: Took a winding rout toward the wire in the Deby and suffered by racing the widest in the turn him. It’s doubtful he’ll get the fractions they ran in the Derby today. He doffs the hood, but this almost forgotten derby runner doesn’t excite me enough to use him.

$2.00 WPS 1
      $1.00 exacta 1-6 / 1-4-6
      .50 cent trifecta 1-6/ 1-4-6 / 1-3-4-6
      .10 cent superfecta 1-6/ 1-3-4-6 / 1-3-4-6/ ALL
      $1.00 Daily Double: 1-6 / 7-8-12.……………….…….. won $8.70
      $1.00 pick 3: 1-6 / 7-8-12 /12.………..………….…….. won $23.10

6 Mo Donegal Irad Ortiz, Jr. 7.20 3.80 3.00
      3 Nest Jose L. Ortiz 5.30 4.10
      2 Skippylongstocking Manuel Franco 5.60
      Also ran:
      1 – We the People, 5 – Creative Minister, 4 – Rich Strike, 8 – Barber Road, 7 – Golden Glider

$1 Pick 3 1-7-6 (3 correct) 67.75
      $0.50 Pick 4 4-1-7-6 (4 correct) 221.25
      $0.50 Pick 5 4-4-1-7-6 (5 correct) 1,158.25
      $1 Pick 6 1-4-4-1-7-6 (5 correct) 40.50
      $1 Pick 6 1-4-4-1-7-6 (6 correct) 4,226.50
      $1 Daily Double 7-6 57.25
      $1 Exacta 6-3 13.80
      $0.50 Trifecta 6-3-2 93.70
      $0.10 Superfecta 6-3-2-1 69.20

Belmont Park MC 75000 1 Mile (T) 3&up Race 12:
      1, Bali Riddim: His barn removes the blinkers, but I don’t think it matters.
      2 Missouri: As that state mottos goes; he’s going to have to show me he can run and win.
      mto. 3 Strike Price: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      4 Just Like This: If you went off percentages this Brad Cox runner is a threat to win. He’s sent out 26 first time turf winners out of 132 runners Yes im stretching but this race is terrible.
      mto, 5 Zuzudini: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      6 Drakon: He hasn’t raced in over 6 months and he’s working out well and gets a dose of Lasix. He moves over to turf and perhaps his Giants Causeway genes can kick in.
      7 Floki’s Flight: Rodriguez puts the blinkers on and moves him to turf. He had some road troubles in his last and that could have cost him the win. His speed figures are improving, and he doesn’t have to beat many other runners to win.
      8 Al’s Rocket: He’s fallen off from his promising start where he finished among leaders. After chasing normal splits spit the bit in a big way finishing more than 15 lengths off the winner. He’ll face a group of mostly softer runners and should help his confidence. Pletcher tabs Ortiz to ride today and let’s see what happens,
      9 Cheeky Tico: He will be among early leaders but if his form holds true, he will start to lag in the home turn. He will have to make me regret not using him in anything other than the superfecta.
      10 Necco: He had a few excuses in his last and should do better today. Gets that first shot of Lasix. McCarthy Trevor will need to be better than his 10% winning percentage. I will use him in the superfecta.
      11 Nothingtoseehere: Not sure what happened in his last start where he finished 51 lengths off the leader, but he can only do better this start. I will only watch him for signs he wants to run better
      12 North Carolina: I dare say he’s the most experiences and shouldn’t have a lot of trouble out running most of these. This is his race to lose and Lezcano only needs to rate him well to get him home first. It’s tough to not use him as a single but this race may hold a surprise or two.

$2.00 WPS 12
      $1.00 exacta 12 / 7-8
      $1.00 exacta box 7-8-12.…………………,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,…….…….. won $15.80
      50. cent trifecta box 7-8-12
      $1.00 trifecta 12 / 7-8 / 4-7-8
      .10 cent superfecta 7-12 / 7-8-12 / 4-6-7-8-9-10-12
      $1.00 Daily Double: 7-8-12 / 12.……………….…,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,….. won $6.20

8 Al’s Rocket Irad Ortiz, Jr. 5.10 3.00 2.50
      7 Floki’s Flight Jose L. Ortiz 5.40 3.60
      6 Drakon Feargal Lynch 5.80
      Also ran:
      4 – Just Like This, 12 – North Carolina, 10 – Necco, 9 – Cheeky Tico, 1 – Bali Riddim, 2 – Missouri
      Scratched horses:
      Strike Price (Main-Track-Only), Zuzudini (Main-Track-Only), Nothingtoseehere (Stewards)

$1 Pick 3 7-6-8 (3 correct) 118.50
      $1 Daily Double 6-8 8.70
      $1 Exacta 8-7 15.80
      $0.50 Trifecta 8-7-6 63.50
      $0.10 Superfecta 8-7-6-4 58.10

Belmont Park Allowance 80000n1x 6 Furlongs (t) 3&up, F & M Race 13
      1, Solib: She seems to have problems holding on to leads when she gets one. She’ll probably be the controlling speed which usually doesn’t work out for her. The short distance may help her compete to hit the board
      2, Flip My Id: Chased the pace in her last and gave way as they hit the stretch. Not quite sure if she has the speed to run with stronger runners entered. Anything faster than average reduces her chances to factor in my opinion.
      3, Blame It On Mary: She returns to turf where she seems to prefer to be on. I’ll toss her last and she’s a bit more consistent than she looks at first glance. She can go a while on the lead but that last ½ furlong seems to be the difference maker for her in her races. I don’t see her winning but could add value to the gimmicks.
      4 Shamalamadingdong: Broke that maiden in her last and now moves up in class. It’s just her 2nd start of 2022 and Clement keeps her on the green stuff and puts Rosario in the saddle. This could draw attention. She can win and it wouldn’t surprise me, but I would like to see her in the post parade before deciding where to use her.
      5 No Payne: She’s always involved but only once got her head across the line first. I think 6 furlongs is just too far for her at this level. If she gets fractions that puts this race under 1:10 she’ll struggle to finish in the money. I think she’s a superfecta runner with her best.
      6 Fontanafredda: This level could prove too tough for her, and she starts for the first time in almost two months. Her connections don’t do well bringing runners back from layoffs. I will look for others today.
      7 Happy Hill Lil: These should prove too fast for her. Put up her best effort I her last but she always seems to run well on the Belmont lawn. Unfortunately, she lost Rosario for today’s race and this may seal her fate.
      8, Dufresne: John Velazquez will need to pull out a miracle today based on her last effort. Trombetta does well with runners in their second start off layoffs. Can she pump up gimmick payouts? May be worth a shot in the bottom of the gimmicks at this level.
      9 Vallelujah: I think she can be look past safely. If she beats me, she beats me.
      10 Act of Congress: Cuts back for this outing and could help set the pace. I wonder will she be at her best in her third lifetime start. The outside post doesn’t help but if she can get to the lead without a lot of problems could upset. I don’t think she wins but will use her underneath. Hopefully she gets a decent trip today.
      11 Lady of Thoroton: Moves up in class and she shouldn’t pressure leaders today.
      12 Palace Gossip: If this race stays on the turf, she’s a contender despite the post position. She’s earned some of the better speed figures in this group and if Prat, who replaces Cancel, can get her to the lead and rate makes her the one to beat. This distance and surface appear to be what she prefers. She’s my top choice and hopefully she bounces back today.
      ae13 Theodora Grace: This level could be too tough for her to come in first, but it all depends on how many and who scratches out. She appears to like the distance, but this level is her kryptonite. She shouldn’t win but can figure with the right scratches.
      mto, 14 Missing Link: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      mto, 15 New York Banker: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF
      mto, 16 True Empress: NO BETS IF OFF THE TURF

$2.00 WPS 12.………………………………..….…….. won $12.60
      $1.00 exacta 12 / 1-3-4-10-ae13.……………….…….. won $19.10

12 Palace Gossip 5.60 3.60 2.90
      3 Blame It On Mary 9.30 5.80
      7 Happy Hill Lil 5.80

$1 Daily Double 8-12 6.20
      $1 Exacta 12-3 19.10
      $0.10 Superfecta 12-3-7-8 227.55
      $0.50 Trifecta 12-3-7 91.25
      $1 Pick 3 6-8-12(3 correct) 23.10
      $0.50 Pick 4 7-6-3/5/8/11-12(4 correct) 175.00
      $0.50 Pick 5 1-7-6-3/5/8/11-12(5 correct) 443.25

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.