skip to Main Content

Home Forums Horse Racing Picks Belmont 10-11

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Michael Taylor
      • 29 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

1, City Man: First time running this far at this level. He lacks the speed to be a threat against these
      2, Bye Melvin: If the pace is average for this distance that will make things hard for. He has shown speed versus softer but a true grade stakes runners should easily keep him off the board.
      3, Masteroffoxhounds: Faded badly in deep stretch in the Turf Classic at Churchill. Needs a softer pace today to remain among leaders.
      4, Domestic Spending: He’ll let others set the pace and then try to come past late. That tactic has worked for him in 5 of his 6 starts Prat will n need to be patient and push the bottom at the right time. if executed correctly he should loom large late.
      5, Master Piece: Raced well in his last running into a average pace. Could return to the races fresh and can challenge for the win if 5, Master Piece isn’t at this best.
      6, Rock emperor: He could use the slightly longer layoff to close the gap at the wire. He has plenty of graded stakes experience and a lack of outstanding runners entered, he could be an upset at a decent price.
      7, Channel Price: There is something about him that unsettles me. Speed figures scream “Use me” but his finishes dont reflect it. I won’t use him to win but will use him in boxed exactas.
      8, Tribunal: I think he goes to the lead and try to play catch me if you can. If they leave him alone for too long he could get brave. I think he gets swallowed up in the stretch.
      9. Gufo: I dont think he needs a solid pace to run into and should show up late. He runs well at Belmont and I think it will come down to him and 4, Domestic Spending.
      10, Colonel Liam: He will be closer to the pace then other contenders and it should put him in good position but his lack of late speed could see him get past in the shadow of the wire. Velazquez will need to use all his skills to get him his photo taken.

$2.00 win 4-$91.00 exacta box 4-7-9-10

1, Buurbonic: He’s going to have another rough go today. He’ll need this race to fall apart to have any hopes of winning.
      2, Essential Quality: A lot of money will be laid on him to win. The Derby favorite should return fresh enough to make a run for the win.
      3, Rombauer:I think he peaked at the right time to win the Preakness but I think he regresses off that effort. The deeper sand based Belmont track should slow him down enough to keep him from winning.
      4, Hot Rod Charlie: Flashed decent speed in the last furlong of the Kentucky Derby to grad 3rd place. May be able to use the longer distance to get past tiring runners but Plat must rate him well. Interesting runner to me. I won’t dismiss him
      5, France Go de Ina: he doesn’t appear able to compete in this short field.
      6, Known Agenda: I think there are just enough runners to keep him off the board. His work outs are a tad bit slower than they were in his pre derby run. He’s running for perfecta honors.
      7, Rock Your World: He didn’t show much in the Kentucky derby and the west coast invader should have a tough time running over this surface. I do not see him doing more then the superfecta today.
      8: Overtook: There is nothing impressive with him versus this group. He is working out nicely and I could use him in the trifecta

$2.00 win 2-4
      $1.00 exacta 2-4 / 2-3-4
      .50 cent trifecta 2-4 / 2-3-4 / 2-3-4-8
      .10 cent superfecta 2-4 / 2-3-4 / 2-3-4-8 / 2-3-4-6-7-8

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.