skip to Main Content

Home Forums E-Ponies Handicapping League All history is gone?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      alydar
      • 198 Total Posts
      NewWeanling

So far, not impressed. All history is gone. My sign on was gone as well.

Participant
      animalheck
      • 210 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

wiped off like a dirty table at a 24 hour greasy spoon diner.

Participant
      Rebekah Lewellen
      • 2 Total Posts
      New

Yep it’s all new! We get to start over😀 some of us will appreciate that. Sorry if you lost anything important. Your sign on is the one you use for the new website and premium picks etc….

Participant
      • 70 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Worst than all history going away is, that there is no way of knowing when a post was made until after you open a thread.
      You end up reading the same posts again and again.

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Hello Guest. Not sure If i follow you. Please reply with some more details on what you are encountering as Id like to understand. I suspect we can find a solution to improve the usability issues you are encountering.

As far as the reason for the new forums. We use to have two systems. Unfortunately, this meant two logins and limited our ability to integrate the rest of the site with the Forums. We thus made the choice to switch. We expect to be working on the racing results and then we will be building the new Cap2Win competition engine. My hope is to make it VERY easy to share picks with fellow users and to enable more competition management features. Please provide ANY details you have so that we may continue to improve.

The system is NOT yet perfect, but we are working to make it perfect. Please provide any web addresses and other details that maybe helpful in fixing the issues we find. I’ll be looking into some of the points you address here and will be attempting to track them down. You may always email me at mgparisiscpu gmail.com

Thanks!

P.S. You make GREAT observations and can really help us make this better. I appreciate these criticism and have no issues with them. Make no mistake, my goal is to make this BETTER then the old one. So please, keep adding your ideas here on the forum or email me if you’d like to remain more private.

Participant
        • 70 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

Let’s say I get to the forum.

The 1st topic is “Conversation, Chatter, Discussion”.
        So I open that topic.
        Inside I see that there are 5 threads.

1. FREE CONTEST
        2. Welcome to the new forum!
        3. Santa Anita’s track ?
        4. How do folks…
        5. Creating E-ponies from Brisnet files

Welcome to the new forum!, has 9 voices 11 posts.

The last post was on February 28, 2019 at 12:55 PM.
        I have to open the thread to know the above.

The next time I come to the forum, unless I remember that the
        “Welcome to the new forum!” thread had 9 voices 11 posts the last
        time that I was here, I will open the thread to see the same posts
        that were there the last time.

In the old forum each thread had a date for the last post, so everybody
        knew if there was any new content each time they visited the forum.

Double clicking on “Social” is useful but not the same as going to the thread
        that I want and knowing whether or not it has new posts.

Administrator
        Michael Parisi
        • 74 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

Thanks So Much! That was PERFECT!

How is this?
        https://e-ponies.com/forums/

We have some more options on this as well! So let me know. I like how its looking!

Participant
        • 70 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

Thanks for the quick fix Mike.

Administrator
        Michael Parisi
        • 74 Total Posts
        NewWeanlingYearling

Please. Thank you for the feedback! It is well appreciated. We need to make this place PERFECT. Horse Racing goto place for everything. We are working on it, and making progress. I see a few issues, and have a list going. Your request was something that was very much needed and when you brought it up I saw it.

When Liam brought me on the team, he had made a fundamental change in strategy. With this new strategy, we plan on shifting to a much higher quality approach that Ive been a long proponent of. One of our main design goals is usability across a range of devices. I believe we are starting to achieve that. Though, Im pretty Picky! :yahoo:

I do have to prioritize my time. And an assessment needs to be made. I do my best to keep it on the things that will help you all the most. Sometimes I have to wait before tackling some users requests. I’m listening. This project has been a long term passion of mine and I want to make this site into something perfect. We are definitely getting there. It’s going to be a slow process, but one we are committed on perusing.

So keep the idea’s coming. :)
        Thanks for the Tips!
        Michael

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Please note, all old forum posts still exist. https://forum.e-ponies.com/
      We would like to switch people over.

Administrator
      Michael Parisi
      • 74 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Also, please click on the “Social” menu Item twice to see a site wide activity. There is also a forum wide activity as well as user based activity of the people you follow.

Administrator
      wadurbin
      • 11 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Yes, history is gone. We tried to find a way to bring it over but it was not possible. The reason why I made the move is because it is clunky having multiple passwords, and that makes it harder for people who want to be on the forum but didn’t like that it was housed somewhere else. Once all the work on the site is done, everything will be all in one place. Contests – here. Forum – here. Free picks – here. Paid picks – here. News – here. See what I’m going for?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.