Home Forums Horse Racing Handicapping 2023 KENTUCKY DERBY ANALYSIS INFORMATION

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

2023 derby e-p site work sheet-2

I downloaded the simple file data for the 2023 Kentucky Derby. Post designations were not confirmed so my one program did not function and I will have to download the data file either Wednesday or Thursday so that the data file conforms to what I need in order to run my Modern Pace Handicapping analysis of the 2023 Kentucky Derby.

For now I have six PDF files containing the 2023 Derby Past performances and their importance

#1 Regular PP – the important thing here is to determine a class ranking for the horse based upon running times of a race. This is my breakdown of exceptional times to look for:

<p align=”LEFT”>It depends on the distance whether you use speed or pace as an indicator.  For example according to the book “Modern Pace Handicapping”  6 furlong and route races over 1 1/16 you want to use pace.  The rest are better facilitated by speed.  Dropping in class is always best if the times of the race merit a true indicator of class (5f  :55-:57; 6f 1:07-1:08; 6.5f 1:14-1:18; 7f 1:20-1:22; 8f 1:33-1:35; 1 1/16 1:39-1:42; 1 1/8  1:47-1:49; 1 1/4 1:57-1:59) I don’t care what the horse’s odds are if they meet these indicators.  So once I have a contender I look at the quarter times of their last race especially if it is close to the same distance of today’s race.  HINT: if the horse’s fractional quarter time is the same as the leaders then you have a real contender to blow away the competition.</p>
      #2 Leader’ s Fractions – In this case we are looking at Past performance listing of the incremental fractions of the horse in the lead for a race. These fractions can be useful when compared to the participant horse’s incremental fractions.

#3 Horse’s Fractions – There are two things that I am looking for here 1) as mentioned above how do these fraction compare with the Leader’s Fractions and 2) How do the Fractions look especially when compared to previous races in which the horse has run. If the horse improves in two of the four fractions and especially if one of those is the last fraction of a same previous distance race.

#4 Power Ratings – A breakdown of horses from TOP – BOTTOM

#5 Speed Points – A breakdown of horses with the greatest Speed Ranking from TOP – BOTTOM

#6 Running Style – A breakdown of horses from early running to late running capabilities E – S

Participant
      Topic Author
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

ADDITIONAL FILES 4-6

Participant
      Topic Author
      LongshotWhisperer
      • 105 Total Posts
      NewWeanlingYearling

Sorry files were too big to be uploaded here.  As in past years. I will include these files on my 2023 Kentucky Derby website.  I’ll try and get this done by tomorrow.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.